Hi! I think that my kids and I need sodium fluoride for our teeth. We have often dental problems. What do you know about Sodium Fluoride treatment?

Hi! Fluoride has been found to be helpful in reducing the number of cavities in the teeth. Fluoride is usually present naturally in drinking water. You should know that taking fluorides does not replace good dental habits. Good dental habits include eating a good diet, brushing and flossing teeth often, and having regular dental checkups. In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. You should discus about that with your dentist. Sodium fluoride may make following conditions worse: brown, white, or black discoloration of teeth or joint pain or kidney problems (severe) or stomach ulcer. Taking too much fluoride over a period of time may cause unwanted effects. So, my advice to you is to be careful with sodium fluoride.