Are tooth decays heredity? It seems that both of us, my mom and me, have same problems with decay. I was wondering could I inherit that from her.

Heredity plays a role in how susceptible your teeth may be to decay, but tooth decay is heavily influenced by what we eat, how well we take care of our teeth, and the presence of fluoride in our water and toothpaste.

I think that everyone is susceptible to tooth decay; it's not so much a heriditary condition. I have family members who don't have the greatest teeth because they skimped on taking care of them through the years and avoided the dentist, while I've had excellent dental checkups for the past 6 years or so because I put a lot of effort into keeping them clean and healthy. So the best thing you can do is take scrupulous care of your teeth - brush all surfaces twice a day for at least 2 minutes each time and floss every single day, no exceptions. Really limit soda and sugar, and most important, see a dentist twice a year for a thorough checkup. He or she will work with you to make sure your home hygiene is up to snuff and to stay on top of cavities and help prevent them from occuring in the first place. And don't ever let cavities go - if they grow into the nerve, it will give you a terrible toothache.

Yes,be proactive in all of your health care,if you care.
My entire family has bad teeth,but good hearts. No cancers at all.So many issues ARE inherited:Brittle bones,heart disease,skin conditions,baldness,obesity and you can name 25 others.
I used those small floss sticks for years,but my other habits overshadowed that beneficial hygiene habit.Smoking,alcohol,drug use and a lot of sugar/corn syrup in sodas.Foolish behavior in cars,careless sexual habits,macho c**p that 21 year old
idiots do to impress their peers.

Beer is better than sodas,but there is a price to pay.

Just pick a medical condition to die from. Old age is an excellent choice.
I have 5:Lung cancer,prostate cancer,heart attack/stroke,serious infection ,cirrhosis and death by automotive means. Oh yes, there is suicide ,if I cannot wait.

Medicine is getting better,but not that great,not in my lifetime. I made it to 68 and I'm in fair condition.Old age IS pain,every day.

The most pain that I EVER experienced was a toothache.Literally ,blinding pain to not being able to read a word of English or see clearly.It was a 10.I was 40.
Now,that 10 would be heart -attack- causing death.HR would spike and that would be the end.
Where is my floss? Never mind,most of my teeth are gone and I'm too cheap to fix it. Bon Jovi:
It's my life,it's now or never,I just wanna live while I'm alive.
I ain't gonna live forever.
It's my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE Great tune.
Anthony Bordain:
Your body is not a temple. It's an amusement park.
enjoy the ride.
May you live to your end without pain and die with a negative balance.
"It was a HELL of a ride." Thanks for my good friends.
I wished that this would be my chosen musical choice,upon my trip to the great beyond,but my friends will still be not there. It makes me cry,every time.Pink Floyd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxo0OJkbaMY&list=FLQsk7wmlulaMJCCS8RXo3Eg&index=13
Thanks for listening. Regards.
The Insomniac in Seattle.