I have problem with bad breath even though I take good care of my teeth and oral cavity. I talked with my doctor and he told me that my condition has a name, halytosis. Can you tell me more about it?

Halitosis or bad breath is a condition that may have a number of possible causes. It requires a consultation with dental and health practitioners. Bad breath does not just have adverse social implications and should primarely be looked at like a health issue. The most common causes of bad breath are foul-smelling bacterial infection and chronic mouth inflammation. Dental cavities and mouth, tongue, and gum infections are also on the list. Haltiosis can also be cause by bronchiectasis, an infection and enlargement of the bronchial tubes, and lung abscess. Teeth brushing, flossing, mouthwashes and breath mints are effective in treating bad breath. However, but these give only temporary, symptomatic relief. Identifying the cause and developing an appropriate treatment plan for haltiosis can be very difficult although bad breath is a common complaint. I am sure that you will find a solution for your problem.