Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


I know that plaque can be very harmful and cause numerous dental diseases. Is there anything that can be done about plaque? I can feel the layer under my fingers and its colour is yellow - it looks very ugly.

Loading...


Plaque is a soft white or yellow layer of bacteria found on teeth and gums. The bacteria use the remains of food you leave on your teeth and gums as their food. While processing those leftovers, the bacteria create acids that are harmful to your teeth. Every person develops plaque to some extent, but if it is not removed regularly thick layers are created. In this way all those bacteria that are originally part of oral cavity change their way of breathing and they become anaerobic organisms, they produce the acids and in this way they demineralize the tooth surface. The tooth surface cannot be remineralized because the saliva cannot go through the thick layer of plaque. The secret of neutralising plaque lies in good oral hygiene. You must brush your teeth at least two times a day (preferably after every meal) and use toothpaste with fluoride. Floss your teeth whenever you can. Change your toothbrush regularly - once in three months should be enough. Ask your dentist about the right way of washing your teeth and learn about the directions your toothbrush should go while brushing. You can use antiseptic mouthwash when you cannot brush your teeth or even when you can. Check the health of your teeth regularly. If the plaque on your teeth is too hard (plaque can turn into calculus in time) to be removed by your brush then have your dentist remove it. Oral hygiene and the removal of the plaque are very important for the overall health of your organism.
Reply

Loading...