I'm a 25 year old male with no history of cancer in the family. About one year ago, I examined myself, and discovered my left testicle was different from my right testicle on two counts:

a. It has a soft lump, which is about 1/6th the size of the rest of the testicle. The lump is neither tender nor numb; it just feels like a part of the testicle, but is a bit softer. The lump is on the top where the cord connects to the testicle.

b. The cord that connects the testicle to my body (I looked at a diagram, and I think it's the one called the Cremaster muscle) is "flimsier" than the one connecting my right testicle. If the cord on my right testicle is like a piece of string, the cord on my left testicle is like a piece of stretched out chewing gum or a rope with knots: The cord itself feels uneven and loose.

I had never examined myself until one year ago, so for all I know, I could have been born with this. I have never experienced discoloration, blood, etc., in ejaculate, and neither testicles, the lump, nor the cord feels tender or numb.

I drew a picture of what I mean:

As far as I can tell, this state has not changed at all since I became aware of it one year ago. The lump has neither grown nor dwindled.

From what I've been reading, this does not sound like cancer, but I would like some input on this.

EXCELLENT job of describing and showing us your concern. :D

A Really top rate job!:!:

It's GOOD that you're doing self-exams and becoming familiar with your genitals and internal structure. This will serve you well in the future. Not only will you note any changes, but you'll be able to assure yourself that you're normal and continuing as expected.

You'll want to do such self-exams at least once a month, probably in the shower.

Now for your concerns:

The soft lump is PROBABLY just the epididemis and related structures. The fact that it's soft and not painful is significant. As for why it might be enlarged, or 1/6 of the size of the testicle, I can't say... but keep an eye on it.

The cord that runs up and down to connect the testicle MIGHT be a cremastory muscle, but might also be the spermatacord or blood supply veins. I understand they run together.

I'm betting since it is on your left side that it is a slightly enlarged vein complex and a very small varicocele. This is NOTHING to worry about, if I'm right. Many men develop these about your age, and as long as fertility is not an issue, and you have no pain, there's nothing to worry about.

However, if you are concerned, you can bring this up at your next doctor's visit, and he'll feel through the scrotum, follow the spermatacord down, and palpate (feel) the testicle and related structures. I'm betting that he will not find anything of concern, but you should be satisfied that he did a thorough job examining you. Take along your diagram and your history (as you did above) so that he'll know you did research and what you've noticed and ruled out.

I do not think you were "born with this" nor do I think it's cancer. However I am not a doctor, and so, I don't play one. He is one, and he'll confirm what we think about this for you.

Again, first rate job sharing your concern above. If everyone did this good a job, this would be an easy job!

I'll talk to my doctor then, the next time I see him. In the meantime, it's good to know it's probably nothing. Thank you for the reply and the compliment :-D

Hello guys, I had the same problem as you, of course it was lump on testicles. I was scared is it some cancer or some dangerous disease, but my friends told me that it is almost impossible,and than I see that my lump is little bit reddish and soft. I tried to squeeze it, but there was not any sebum, and than I was very concerned. According to this I decided to check my blood and results were negative, and after it I visit a dermatologist who told me that my problem is connected to puberty and he recommend me some lotion which resolve my problem

Hey there, I'm just wondering what your problem ended up being? I'm only 16 but I think I have the same thing, although for the past 2 days it has been a small amount of pain in the lump and left testicle, especially if it has been touched. If I could get some feedback that would be great, I've only noticed it about a month ago.

May of these sensitive lumps atop a testicle can be a minor infection called Epidimous... a little antibiotic can knock it out, but it might require a trip to the doctor office to do it.

On the other hand, if you have pain or bleeding from any lump, or if it seems to be getting larger or more painful, don't delay in getting an exam.

I HAVE SAME CONDITION BUT SIZE OF LEFT LUMP IS BIGGER THAN TESTICLE AN IT IS ATTACHED TO IT IAM 37 YEARS OF AGE IAM MARRIED AND TWO KIDS KINDLY GIVE SOLUTION

Could u please help me im 13 and i have a medium size veiney lump on my left testicale im really worried help me asap please

calm down boy its prob your one ball dropping and its the left me to its normal most have a larger left nut more blood more sperm equals bigger ball and bigger cord that's my 2 cents but if ur extra worried make a doctor visit hope this helps