Ok...I've been living with this for probably about 2-3 years now, and I'm finally old enough to accept the fact that I have something wrong with me. I'm the kind of guy that gets sick, and then becomes a Hypochondriac about whats wrong, but doesnt want to know, thinking that not knowing is better.

I'm 19. I've been to a doctor once, about 3 years ago for a " larger than normal" left testicle. I did not know that this was normal...I was only 15-16. So he told me everything was ok.

Well, now, it has advanced, and turns out I DID have something wrong. I have searched across a few forums, and have yet to see this problem, in any other male. And want opinions before I see a urologist.

Ok, kind of hard to describe, but here goes:.....

My left testicle is very tender. Most of the time I dont wear any form of underwear or support because it gives me a dull ache in the scrotum.

To the touch, when the balls are NOT hung loosely, and sitting tightly in the scrotum...both testicles are normal feeling. The left one has some fluid around it, making it hard to actually find the testicle itself, but when I do, it feels normal. No bumps, no lumps. The right one feels just the same, no visible problems, no lumps/bumps. now heres the part I dont know about:

After sex/masturbation/oral, or any form or sexual pleasure that results in ejaculation, everything is normal. I clean, up, I do my thing, I take her home(girlfriend) and all is well. I come home...take off my clothes for a shower, and my balls are hanging loosely in the scrotum....but now theres a HUGE coil/intestine looking thing, connected to my left testicle. It's about the width of a no. 2 pencil, and looks like a spiral noodle. It originates on the bottom of the testicle...and the testicle is VERY sensitive. Along with other VERY VERY visible veins, and lumps, and bumps. It is about 4-5x the size....and it feels/looks NOTHING like it does when theyre sitting tightly in the scrotum. It has about 6-10 large lumps/bumps/veins.

This is when I went to my doc to get checked out, thinking my testicle was much much larger than its supposed to be...but when I saw him, the testicle/scrotum werent in this state...

My question, obviously, is...what is it? It can't be cancer, because the lumps/bumps/intestinal tube, thing, isnt there all the time. Alot of the time, it feels normal...just your average fluid, and tenderness. But when im very relaxed, or about 35 mintues after I ejaculate...this happens...

Now i'd prefer not to have to take pictures, but Id like some ideas, and Id be willing to snap some shots of what I'm describing, if needed. The reason why I'm asking, and describing in such detail, is because I'm familiar with a Hydrocele, a Varicocele, TC, Torsion(pain not that bad, in my case...just dullness, and tenderness)...

also I have some abdominal acheing on my left side...on the inside of my hip bone, above the pubic area. Sometimes it feels like gas, and others, its just a dull ache.

Anyone? Its not torsion, cause theres no PAIN....just uncomfort. Plus its been there for years....Torsion is immediate. thank you.

Health Advisor
Well, if not varicocele, it could be hernia. A protruding bowel through the weak abdominal spot that can go as far as the testicles.

There could be a visible lump that comes and goes, it comes usually upon exertion.

Ask your doc about that but an ultrasound of the area could say more.

Well, today's a bad day. Some pretty bad abdominal aching, is what I woke up with. I noticed that just as I urinated, in the morning....I feel pressure on the abdominal area where I feel the most discomfort. The abdominal uncomfort has only been around for the past 6-7 months. Thats recent. But i'd really appreciate some more details on the hernia. As, yes it doesnt act up all the time, only post-strenuous/semi-strenuous situations. Like rough sex, speed walking, or sitting down in the same position for a while, makes it ache.

I've read that a varicocele, is directed towards the top corner of the scrotum, up by the bottom of the shaft of the penis, and looks like a "bag of worms" that, I do not have. The visible disturbance of my situation, lies directly ON or AROUND the testicle itself...ONLY when the scrotum is loose. Otherwise, its normal looking, with just some testicle tenderness. It's almost as if, that dormant fluid that surround the left testicle, HARDENS, after ejaculation...and the soft fluids, turn to hard lumps, and crazy swollen veins. Very odd to describe.

i got that "bag of worms to" and my left side dose hert what is it?

Im 14 years old. And I have had something very very simmilar, giant coils attached to my left testicle, like a giant pile, my right testicle has that too except the "pile" is more like a few strands that directly go to the penis, unlike the left which does lead to the penis but much more complex. I don't have big purple viens or anything there tho. And from what I can see its more like x1.5 ish, we could have the same thing but you have it more extereme (since you're older and all). I've had that since idk its been a long time. It doesn't really seem to have any effect on my body, no aches no nothing, just that its there. I'm too shy to ask my family about it :$ just hoping that I could get some sort of answer/response, (I have no STDs)

Hi bigdanielD, 2 weeks ago i was having sexual intercourse with my girlfriend, the next morning i couldn't touch my testicals without feeling sick.. since then i have had the same problems exactly as you have. sick feeling when touching the left testical, swolen cord (like hard noodles) from the bottom of the left testical and around it (feel sick around the left of my stomach and aching lower back) when touching it.

i am planning on going to the walk in centre this up coming saturday as i have no time for the doctors. i know it was a year ago but could ya please infrom me on what the problem was in the end?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

It sounds to me like it could be a ruptured testicle or something. I'd like to hear how you're doing since you've gone to the doctor--what did it turn out to be? I'd like to hear how you're doing!

Hey , I have sorta the same question man , but its not after or before i ejaculate or anything its just there :/ like a vein that leads to the ball on your left is like just lumps and a big vein about 5x what it should be ... I check my right one and its not there .. its weird to talk about , especially to get felt on by a doctor -.- if its a girl doctor i wouldnt care but yeah i think thats weird to but if you get any info please tell me ..

I have the same thing my
Left testical has this huge coil wrapped all around it, it's only visible after I take a shower though and seems to have no affect on me although I have a lot of gas and my one abs are higher than the other side, I don't k if this has anything to do with it but I'm whondering about this too, I've had this for about two years and I'm fifteen

I'm 15 and i have the same thing except its HUGE it hurts everytime i stand up or sit down. i told my mom but she wont do anything someone help

I'm a nurse and came across this while looking for something else. You guys need to schedule an appointment with your physician. There are a number of very serious conditions you guys are describing. Every single one of you is at risk for testicular cancer (young men are most at risk), a very treatable condition if caught early. Any changes in your testicles, pain, or heaviness in your abdomen - go to a doctor immediately to get checked out. You know your body more than anyone, so don't talk yourself out of it by thinking you may be a hypochondriac. If the doc doesn't give you a satisfying answer, get a second opinion. It's your body - be serious about it!  The lumpy bumpy vericose vein type conditions some of you are describing sounds a lot like a varicocele, which usually develop slowly and get worse. This is very treatable as well. But if you ignore it and don't go to the doctor your testicles could literally atrophy, you could become sterile, you could get a terrible infection, or you could get a blood clot. 

Well thanks for saying the dreaded c word =(

Don't listen to NurseP. She's crazy. The cord and coil around your testicles are just the spermatic cords and epididymes. Of course, they're gonna swell up or change a little bit in shape. These are muscular reflexes from the dartos and cremaster muscles, so your testes are gonna relax back down and they may be a bit swollen from sex - that's what the epididymes and the spermatic cord are responsible for!

You need to verify this with a specialist (a urosurgeon/urologist) and maybe get an ultrasound of your testicles and groin area to see there is no cancer there.

Just to confirm all people under the age of 18 with this 'coil' have no fear, it is normal. Most teenagers get it. A coil near your left testicle where your sperm passes through gets tangled. It untagles itself but takes time. While untagling the left side of the 'sex machine' may hurt or feel sore. But in an hour it will feel better. Its just another annoying puberty thing but yeah dont stress over it. Just keep doing your thing. However, those over the lovely teen limit should consult a doctor as it could be much more serious than it seems. Take care, aaron. P.s. people in the teens dont be silly, wrap your willy (use a condom and protect yourself). STAY SAFE!

U might have what I have I think my left nut is twisted im gonna go to the doctors but u should go to the doctors cause as twisted nut can cause the penis not to grow right and a twisted but is any emergency the pain will only get worse until the day a doctor can tell u what's wrong