Hi, I recently noticed a lump above my left testicle. It's quite big, not very though... It doesn't hurt to touch, and it feels like a few pieces of string. They kinda lump together. It's putting me into more depression than I've already got not knowing what it is... My left ball kinda aches from time to time but it seems to have stopped now. It's more visible when my balls are saggy, and also my left ball hangs a bit lower than the right one so it's even more visible. It definitely feels like enlarged veins but doesn't look like it. Looks like a rough ball shaped think. Can someone please help me by telling me what it might me? As I said it's really gettin me depressed...

I'm really sorry to double post but I'm really worried about this... Please help!

yeah man i have the same thing and i've looked everywhere and i can't find out what's wrong if someone can help us plssss

Me too.. But my right ball hangs lower then my left.. It causes pain and it feels like a bunch of veins. And can it be what is causing me depression.

What you're describing is the basic structure of the Testicle and the Epididimius.

The soft structure that rides on top of your ball, and feels like a noddle or a vein, is the structure that collects the sperm and passes it on to the spermatacord. There is nothing wrong with either testicle to have this structure, and when one hangs lower than the other, there is no problem. It just might be a little bit more obvious.

There is another condition called a varicosele which is when the veins that return blood to the body become enlarged by blood which is having a hard time traveling back up. The small valves in the vein trap the blood and this leads to them swelling. There is no pain with this, and the veins can feel like "worms" or "Spagetti", as they give way to any pressure or handling.

In pronounced cases, these veins are very evident, bulging out from inside the scrotum. In severe cases, there may be concern for future fertility, as the warmth from the blood can affect the motility of the sperms. But, this is an issue for a doctor to assess and deal with. There is nothing you can do to cause this, nor cure this.

If you're really concerned, schedule an appointment with your doctor for a Male UG exam. They will be happy to put your mind to rest.

But since you have no other symptoms, no pain, and no problems, there probably is no rush on this.

Also, post your age next time you have a concern, and that will help us.

i have the same thing on my left testicle and there is sometime slight pain like if i were to take my normal testicle and squeeze it not very hard. its not enough to make me wince but its noticable. i have stayed up many nights being worried and im only 13 years old. if an expert could help me thatd be great and if its not cancer tell me because thats my nmber 1 concern

i am 13 years old and i have about the same problem. my left testicle is A LOT wider than my right which is normal. it is wide and it feels like the tubes that i know create the testicle, are not compacted and it sometimes hurts a little bit. not a lot, not enough to make me wince, but its noticable. if i were to compare it to something it would be like taking my normal testicle and slightly squeezing it. i have stayed up many nights worried about it and if an expert could put my mind at rest and tell me its not cancer thatd be great. i would really appreciate an answer.

what if you're 28?
The fertility issue kinda has me concerned, i haven't had any kids yet but might like to some day. It seems as if i have the same thing going on as the rest of the guys here, left testical hanging lower than the other and
a lump that feels like a few pieces of string, same thing but no pain.

is it normal for the left testical to hang so low that it seems that the right one is nearly sitting right on top of it. not quite..but nearly..

I have the same thing, but I was really inspecting it last night and it hurts today when I walk. is it just from feeling it to much?

It could be from feeling it too much although my philosophy on it is why take a chance? MOre than likely it'll turn out to be nothing but it's better to have a doctor tell you that than guessing for yourself. Do you think you could see a doctor as soon as possible about it because it seems to me like it would be very much worth your while to get it taken care of and looked at. Please let me know how you're doing and keep me posted!

Im just glad im not the only me with this issue. I have all the same syptoms. The lump just above my left testicle has hurt very infrequently (ive only noticed it in last two day) in it hangs lower than my right. Im guessing from all these posts that its not cancer (im only 17) or somthing i should be too worried about.

do or did any of you have symptoms of back pain as if almost your kidneys were constantly hurting? maybe even occasional burning when peeing?
i am goign to doctor in two days.. just looking for more advice..

i have a stringy type lump on my left testicle,its about 1cm and moves about. it is only conected at one end like a Hair.
also like you every now and then i get a stabbing pain in my side/back, maybe this is what your experiencing. anyone have any answers about this?

I have the exact same thing, although i first discovered it when i was about 11 and now i am 15. i definately know something is wrong and as the days went on i have worried more and more about this problem, but i am just too shy/weak to tell my parents about it so i can see a doctor. The 'stringy' stuff is connected to my left testicle and goes straight up. My left testicle hangs lower than my right one also. I need to know how urgent it is that i seek help to fix this problem.
thank you

Well, I have the same thing going on, I'm 18, but mine is not on top of my left testicle, it is kind of to the left. I am really worried but don't want to tell my mom so I can't go to the doctor because I don't have the money. Please, PLEASE let me know if this should be a large concern to either fertility or if it could be cancer and/or anything else dangerous to my health. I noticed it when I was about 15.