I'm 18 and my grand father died of testicular cancer long ago. My father doesn't have it, neither does my older brother. I feel a lump on my left testicle on the top, not the side. There is a cord under or directly behind the lump. The lump never hurts, its soft and at the moment I have stomach aches and pelvis aches. Very unnoticable though, it really really doesn't hurt. It moves around with the tube also. What is this?

THanks

Mostly likely, you are feeling the Epidimous, the connection to the testicle itself.

It's good that you're concerned enough about Testicular Cancer to perform self-exams. That's important. However, the sensativity that you find could be from handling, or a low grade infection, or some swelling.

Your best bet is to schedule a trip to the family doctor or male health professiona or clinic. Tell them of your history and your concern. Odds are your stomach ache is not related to the testicle, but you can kill two birds with one stone if you move quickly on this.

I wouldn't wait. If the pain or tenderness on top of the testicle continues, do get it checked out. The worst thing to do is to ignor it, and then wish that you had followed up later on.

Good luck.

this is most likely the torsion of the appendix testicle, which is the most common cause of testicular pain in adolescents. The appendix testicle is a vestigial structure (a part that no longer has any use, like the appendix in your digestive tract) that is in about 90% of males, and about 60% have experienced it at one point or another. I actually went to the doctor with a similar problem as yours and got diagnosed with this. However, cancer in one's family tree is a concern, and if pain continues to get worse, i would advise to just go to a doctor (preferably a urologist), as it is better safe than sorry.

too bad the appendix isn't a vestigial organ!

oh yeah? what is it then ?