A week ago I started going through a bit of stress. That "butterfly" feeling from liking a girl. I wasn't eating or drinking properly at all. I'm out of that now, but since the beginning of that week I have noticed a small soft lump directly above my testicle. It's not attached because it moves around. It's really soft.

It has ached down there a few days ago but it seems to be fine now. It's just the lump has me paranoid. I'm only 17 years old, and my parents think it's nothing. I remember seeing this same lump before but it was a tad smaller, and it vanished over the summer, and has only returned now when I've come back to school. The other time I noticed it was during school too, so could it be related to stress? Ejaculation, Urinating, everything seems fine. No unordinary smells.

Last night it was about 5 degrees outside and I was abnormally shivering, which I found really weird. Not sure if that is related to this but it might be. I also had blue balls last night so that might also be why I was shivering.

I did some research and I'm thinking it's either a hydrocele, varicole, or a spermatocele.

If anyone has any helpful words or knowledge of what I'm describing I'd really appreciate hearing them.

thank you

I haven’t heard of a lump that comes and goes. All the lumps you mentioned hydrocele, varicocele and spermatocele are persistent lump and they remain until removed by a doctor.

Hudrocele is a fluid filled lump. It forms in scrotum, besides testicle and it feels like a ballon. It is soft. Spermatocele is attached to the testicular tube and is also persistent, it is hard. Varicocele feels like bag of worms.

When I was reading about testicular self-examination, I read that floating lump inside the scrotum, not being attached to anything is not normal but it is not a sign for panic and it is not cancer. I would suggest you talked to your parents again and had this evaluated anyway.

i have exactly the same thing that you described. am nearly 19 now. its axactly as you said, and its ached for a while now. have you found out what it is yet?

I've also been experiencing this and I'm very concerned. When I feel it, sometimes it's as though it isn't there. Like the left testicle (affected side) is met with something "gushy" that moves around if I touch it. My testicles have been "droopier" lately and I thought maybe that was the reason for the dull aches in the left testicle I've been feeling. Then I felt around and found that. It's soft, almost pulpy and moves to the touch. Hard to find sometimes. If anybody has any information regarding this (as it seems I'm not the only one),

Yer i have got the same thing exactly asu described, soft, above my right testicle, and its a little tender. Its really worrying me

i have exactly the same thing. i'm 16.
it's weird mine went away too so my doc said don't worry about it, but now it's back and it hasn't left.
i sure hope it's nothing.
hope someone can find out what it is.

I just came back home from the doctors, he said it was a cyst. It's a blockage where the sperm passes through.
Two ways of getting grid of it:
1. Doctor gets a needle and sucks it out
2. Go to hospital and have it taken out. (takes approx 3 hrs)

Hope i helped :-D

I think I might have the same thing. I am now 39 but I first noticed it on my right testicle when I was 25. I had it evaluated a while a ago as it had doubled in size but mine only appears when I have been lying down for a while else it disappears. I was told by the doctor that it was vericose veins or something like that. I was just relieved it was not cancer. But he never did see it. He had a sonogram done and found nothing.

Now, I see I have another on the left testicle and the one on the right now forms into two soft lumps. I tried to grab one with my fingertips on the right testicle but it just disappeared. Then, it felt like someone hit me in the groin with a bat. I had to lie down because it hurt and it kept hurting for the rest of the day.

I am thinking of going back to the doctor but like I said they only appear after I have been lying in bed for a while. I think I need a digital camera to prove to the doctor that they are there. They usually disappear after I have been standing for 5 minutes or so. I tried holding my breath to see if it is a hernia but no go. It is really bothering me to know that I could have multiple cysts down there. o.O

So which procedure did you have to take out the cyst? And what did the doctor advise you to do to avoid them in the future? ?

i have that exact thing , the soft squishy lump that kinda moves around, i noticed it while back, the dr. did sonogram found nothing even tho he could feel it , said its rupture varicose or something but it is slowly been gettin bigger hope its nothing harmful cuz it sure is annoying havin it there... :-(

Really irritating isn't it? Apparently I have been suffering from the same thing guys... It's not painful, but it has a feel to it so it couldn't be some random growth. And if my right testi moves up, it pushes it out of reach... So it comes and goes.it4 really irritating for the fact that it randomly appears just to scare the sh*t out of you. Anyways I'm trying to think of a way to tell my mom so she can make me an appointment at the doctors sometime soon. Wish luck for you guys too.

My brother has sort of the same thing too, but his doesn't ache or anything.

I have the same thing it randomly comes and goes it started off squishy and fairly small (a little smaller than my testicles) Now it has grown quite abit ovr a couple weeks its still about as wide as my testicles but it goes from righ above my right teste all the way 2 the begining of my pubes along tht one side and when it shows up it hurts ALOT. Im gonna get it checked out n if i have any luck n write back with what explanation i get

I'm 31 and I have something similar. I've had occasional ache around my groin for months. I also have this fairly large, soft mass above my right testicle. I've only ever felt it when I have an erection and am lying on my side. I've been to my family doctor and a urologist about the situation. At the time, my doc thought I had a prostate infection. I took pills for that, but I'm pretty sure it was the wrong diagnosis. Neither of them felt anything during their exams (but then, I wasn't lying on my side with an erection, either). The urologist basically said there was nothing wrong. But I know I still have the tenderness, and I know I can still feel the weird squishy lump. Not a pleasant situation.

Same here...i was sitting at a computer and all of a sudden i felt this lump (similar to your description) and then it started to start hurting but like after a cpl mintues the lump got smaller and dsnt hurt as much but i can still feel it.

I am only 16 and am experiencing the same symptoms of the sac above my right testicle. I am afraid to say anything as I am uncomfortable speaking about such topics. It isn't painful unless pressure is applied. Reading the other replies has relieved me very much. The only problem is that it is embarassing and I fear it may get in the way of sexual activies. No one wants that's especially at this age. Should I get this looked or is it something that can be lived with?