Hello! First of all I shall tell my age, I am 46 years old. Lately I have been feeling some headaches, and even my neck mucsle got a bit enlarged during the last week or two. I cannot move my neck that much since it hurts an is somewhat stiff. I have been looking on the internet for an explenation what these symptoms might mean and I concluded it might be spastic torticollis. What is spastic torticollis and what are the factors? Is it what causes my problems?

Hi! First of all I think that you should go to your doctor present him with your symptoms and ask him to answer your questions. I have a friend that has spasmodic torticollis and her head is completely leaned towards left shoulder. Her codition was caused by the muscle damage after she had tuberculosis, so I don’t think it can just appear from nowhere. Your case is probablu just a muscle strain or something like that. It is possible howerer, that if you don’t get the appropriate treatment it can develop into spasmodic torticollis. It is best that you see the doctor immediately.

Hello! I agree! Go to the doctor! Ask for the x-ray of the neck that should show whether everything is ok. As far as the risk factors are concerned I have read that it can be hereditary too. So if someone in your family has it chances are you will have it too. Although there's no known way to prevent this disorder, early treatment may prevent the condition from becoming worse. So I will repeat once again: Go to the doctor immediately!