Hi, folks. My aunt has been diagnosed with bone cancer. I must admit that I don’t know anyone with this type of cancer beside her. I would like to know what the factors are that lead to the creating of this type of tumor. I would really appreciate all your replies considering this topic. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. The exact cause of bone cancer is still unknown. Even some risk factors haven’t been relieved. You haven’t mentioned the age of your aunt, but it is more characteristic for children and younger adults. The history of Paget’s disease is also a risk factor. People with hereditary retinoblastoma are also at risk. Retinoblastoma is a tumor of retina – the structure in the eye. Family history of bone cancer and previous radiation or chemotherapy is also important. I hope this helps. Good luck!