Hi! I have burning feeling in bladder during urination and I urinate frequently. But I don’t have a fever. I think I have urinary tract infection. I can not go to doctor today. Probably I will go tomorrow. Does somebody who had UTI can tell me what the most common UTI medications are, please. Thanks!

Well, antibiotics are the most common drugs for all urinary tract infections. There are different kinds of antibiotics that use for UTI treatment. The choices depend on many factors. You need to see a doctor before you start to take any drugs. I had UTI few months ago and my doctor prescribed to me antibiotic called Amoxicillin.

cephalexin for me, or keflex.

Hello there,

Since Elise has already answered your question I hope that you were happy with her answer.

I would just like to add that you will be prescribed antibiotics such as Amoxicillin and Bactrim (these are the most common ones) after your doctor determines that you have UTI.

You will also be advised to drink the entire course of antibiotics because if you stop as soon as the symptoms of UTI are gone (this usually happens after few days) you are risking that UTI reoccurs in a few weeks.  

Also if you are facing UTI more frequently than try cranberry products such as cranberry tea and cranberry juice. My sister is using these and they are really helping in reducing and preventing UTI.