Hello, folks. My classmate has been absent from school. I telephoned her last night to find out what was happening. She told me she was diagnosed with juvenile torticollis and that she also has facial asymmetry. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thanks in advance.

Hello to you too. In torticollis, head is usually positioned in one direction. That is why there are three types of troticollis. Those would be: anterocollis, retrocollis and laterocollis. As far as I know, facial asymmetry is more characteristic for congenital form of the disorder. It is usually seen with newborns. In this case, torticollis and facial asymmetry are joined. You should ask an expert about this. He will provide you with more details. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

Hi, everyone. My neighbor was diagnosed with juvenile torticollis. I can’t remember she had facial asymmetry. She had her neck shortened on one side. That is why she had her head in some weird position. I think it was oriented on one side. As far as I can see, this is called laterocollis. I didn’t know that before. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!