Last week when I went for my regular cycling training I felt a severe pain behind my knee. I stopped cycling and returned home. Since I felt no unpleasant sensation the next day, I went to train, but after only a short ride I felt the same pain again. What that can be? I plan to go and see my doctor but I’d like to know if you had the same symptoms.

From your description I can’t conclude much and you’ll probably have to undergo a medical check-up in order to be diagnosed precisely. But what comes to my mind is the possibility that it can be torn hamstring muscle or some other injury of hamstring. Its other symptoms besides pain behind the knee are inability to stretch your leg and sometimes a swelling behind your knee. Hamstring is a long muscle on the back of your thighs and you’ve might injured it during strenuous training. Cycling can bring about such injuries especially if you’ve been riding up the hill or across uneven terrains. Besides, incorrect riding techniques can also cause this injury. Don’t cycle before you see your doctor.

The similar thing has happened to me few times while I was fast-walking. Try to warm up better before cycling, and start cycling slowly than gradually go faster until you get to your usual speed. If that doesn't help than you should see a doctor.