Can someone tell me what elevated GGTP level means. I was concerned over my recent symptoms such as nausea and vomiting accompanied with fatigue but the weird thing is that my skin kind of changed its color into yellowish and so I decided to check upon my liver especially regarding the fact that my husband is a treated alcoholic and it is been 2 years now since he was diagnosed with Hep C. so you see that is why I first thought I might be having some liver disease for my recent symptoms and my yesterday's lab test showed elevated GGTP level so I wonder what elevated GGTP level in fact means ? Thanks!

You have misspelled it for it is about GGT level but anyway whenever it comes to elevated GGT level it is almost always the sign of some liver dysfunction or some liver injury but also it could refer to some bile duct disorder. But in your case elevated GGT level could mean a lot of different thing especially regarding the fact that your husband is hep C diagnosed but despite this I think it is more likely you have acute hepatitis for this jaundice-yellowing skin symptom-you have. But again elevated GGT level may not indicate anything serious for those levels are being easily increased only if small amount of alcohol has been taken or maybe you are taking some meds or drugs that also could make your GGT level rise so if you want to make sure if there is anything wrong with your liver condition you better have some further tests.

Just FYI-GGTP is as correct as GGT for both stand for Gamma Glutamyl TransPeptidase

I have elevated ggpt levels but have worked in a hospital for over 25 years liver enzymes are up for over a year

THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT TESTS - GGTP AND GGT!!!

It's states ggtp on testing results

Thanks for that. Some people think they know it all