I OVULATED ON THE 19 OF DEC BUT HAD SEX WITH B/C ON THE 17TH IS THERE A LOW OR HIGH CHANCE OF PREGNANCY ,AND SHOULD MY CERVIX BE LOW N SOFT N WET IM ALSO HAVING CRAMPING IN MY BREAST A LITTLE NAUSEA BUT I GET THIS WITH PMS TOO N PERIOD IS DUE ON THE 2ND OF JAN

YES, you can.

Sperm lives for up to 5 days, it could have lived long enough to fertilize an egg.

Women that are TRYING to get pregnant will start 2 days before ovulation.

thanks for the reply but i meant to put without b/c (birth control) not that it would change the answer ...but i did have another question if u dont mind..how early or when should i take hpt test?

Okay..

What I was implying is that it was a VERY fertile time.

You can start testing about 4 days before your period is due, with an "Early" preganncy test.

Hey guys, was just wanting to know if you could get pregnant 3 days before you ovulated. See i am on clomid for fertility and started doing my ovulation test well it turned positive on the 24th of this month but when i was looking on the computer and put in my first day of last period it was saying that i should ovulate around the 26th. But the ovulation stick said i was ovulatino on the 24th. Today when i went to the bathroom and wiped there was a gob of mucus. Just seeing if anyone had any answers for me

The reason you seen the mucus is because you was ovulating or about to that was the tell tell sign. Every females body is different if the computer said the 26th but you actually pee'd on a stick that was telling you that you was ovulating now I would trust the pee on the stick dont you think lol? well good luck to yall :-)

I know this is a little old but I wanted to address this issue in case you still don't know or someone else has the same or a similar question.

First of all you can get pregnant up to 5 days before you expect to ovulate. Sperm can live for up to 5 days but usually do not live for longer than 2 or 3. Half of the sperm dies instantly when the man ejaculates anyway and only about 5 or so will make it up to the egg. In general there is only a 25 to 30% chance of a healthy fertile couple conceiving and having the egg implant. An egg will implant as early as 6 days to as late as 14 days after conception. You may or may not experience what is called implantation bleeding (its just a little bit of spotting).

Your luteal phase (the time between ovulation and the day your next menstrual period is due) will not vary more than a day or so and generally is the same length every month. On average a woman's Luteal phase is 14 days long, which is why it is often referred to as the 2 week wait, because at the end of it you can test with fairly accurate results (if you use an early pregnancy test). A normal luteal phase will be between 12 and 16 days long, any longer is not ideal to support pregnancy, and your luteal phase MUST be at least 10 days to support pregnancy. You can not change this your self but your doctor might be able to give you some sort of vaccine or medication if you are having trouble conceiving.

About your ovulation test, those only test for a hormone that means you will soon or have already ovulated. They generally turn positive 24-48 hours BEFORE ovulation and sometimes last for 24 hours after. Do not take these with first morning urine because unlike a pregnancy test, this is not an ideal time to take it. Take an ovulation test in the afternoon!) An egg can be expected to live for 12-24 hours, if not fertilized within that time it will die. You will not ovulate two different days during your cycle but you can release another egg within 24 hours of the last one (resulting in fraternal twins). After ejaculation occurs it will take about 14 hours for the sperm to reach your egg, it would be ideal to lay down as long as possible to keep all the sperm you can inside. However a lot of it will fall out when the man pulls out, don't worry about it there is still a lot left (even if it looks like it all fell out!) and besides, what falls out is mostly the sperm that died right away.

Some women will still have a positive ovulation test when they are pregnant (because of the same hormone that released when you were close to ovulation). A pregnancy test may turn positive up to 5 days before your missed period (although you would need to use an early pregnancy test for this, most women like first response early response, commonly referred to as FRER) however, some women do not get a positive test until weeks into their pregnancy. False negatives are not unheard of however a false positive is practically impossible and very rare (with the exception of blue dye tests, stay away from those! use a digital or a pink dye!) If you believe you have gotten a false negative you can see your doctor for a blood test. The blood test is much more sensitive than a home pregnancy test.

With your cervical mucus it can be fertile (commonly referred to as egg white cervical mucus) from a couple days before to a couple days after you have ovulated, it varies, some women don't get it at all. Cervical mucus is NOT the best indicator of ovulation or pregnancy!

I hope this helps you..lots of info there! :P

my husband and I are trying to have a baby. We had sex 2 days before olvuation and 2 days after olvuation. Do we have a high chance of being pregnant?. I have slight cramping then my normal cramping. My breast are staying purge and my nipples hurt. I have a little nasuea and I have been using the restroom alot.

Thank you for you time

sissyknitting. : :-D

I was wondering if you became pregnant?? this is the exact situation I am in??

I have 2 boys and now Im trying to have a girl... So I got my Period on April 17 and I ovulated (according to online charting) on May 1st. My husband an I stop haveing sex on April 29th (all shallow penetration) witch is about 2 days before ovulation. Today (May 2) I have had a lot of cervical mucus and yesterday (May 1st "ovulation day ") I had it too with a very very very slight pink brownish color spotting also some cramping on my right side but nothing too strong...What are the chances that the sperm reach the egg? And that the egg was fertilized and attached to the uterus ? I really need to know Thanks :)

I had sex on the 9th I woke up on the 10th with a lil cramping ovulation was on the 11th still have in cramping but boobs don't hurt and no spotting I'm supposed to start my paroid on the 27th could I be pregnant can some one help

Im using the my days app and i supposablly ovulated on the 11-9-23 I had sex on the 10th but got cramping 2days after can i become pregnant??? Me and my bf really want a baby

If someone answer that question let me know .