it has been 5 weeks since my abortion. i had protected sex after 2 weeks of the abortion. i went for my post op check up and they found i was stil showing to be positive. they advised me to take another test a week later but it still came back positive. iv not had my period yet and physically feel fine. dont have any symptoms but could i stil be pregnant or pregnant again??

I answered this one in an earlier thread...

I work in an aboriton clinic as well as have had a few aboritons. IT IS common to have a positive pregnancy test up to 6 weeks after an abortion, usually no more than six weeks. The pregnancy hormone is a powerful thing, so it does stick around =)

How about the blood pregnancy test (BETA). It is possible to show positive?

THIS IS CARIFAIRY...

A BLOOD test will always show positive BEFORE a URINE test, it is more sensitive..

I would not be surprised if a blood test came back positive, BUT I would WANT TO KNOW MORE.

AN ULTRASOUND should be done ASAP, this would tell you or any woman for sure if pregnancy still remains.

Usually if you were still pregnant, some symptoms would remain..

I would request an ultrasound.

I already had my ultrasound. there is no fetus. I had my abortion last month oct 1. it is possible to have positive result both urine and blood?

Okay, so you had an ultrasound, and NO FETUS.

Yes it is possible, but rare to have a pregnancy test show positive after 6-8 weeks.

Did you mean september 1st abortion? Or october 1st abortion?

IF it was october, then yes it would still show positive.

October 1 actually.I will post again after we go to OB next 2weeks

Okay...

My pregnancy test was positive for about 4.5 weeks after my abortion, so you are not an oddity.

I look forward to your post.

I had an abortion on October 26th and got on the pill immediately after that. My boyfriend and I had sex regularly and I had my period after my first month, however, now I am late on my period this month and I took a pregnancy test last night (Dec 23rd) and it says positive...am I pregnant even though I RELIGOUSLY took my pills? Would the preg. hormone still be there?

The preganncy test should be accurate, as you should NOT have any hormone left in you.

You may very well be pregnant again.

DID you take any street drugs or antibiotics while on the pill?

Hi.

I had my abortion last nov. 16. i bled for about a week after that. But then, i still experienced bleeding weeks after, which lasted for about 2-3 days. It was an on & off thing. though i dont know whether one of them is menstruation blood. if not, until now, i still don thave my period. My boyfriend and i occassionally have safe sex.

Could i be pregnant again?

It could have your period.

FERTILITY is unaffected by abortion, so unsafe sex will get you pregannt again.

IF you do not want to be pregnant please consider birth control usage for the future =)

i had an abortion september 18. i bleed for 1 1/2 weeks after. my boyfriend and i started having sex a week after. in october i had a regular period around the 20th. not even a week after im bleeding again. sadly i didn't get on birth control. could it be the after affects of the abortion or could i be pregnant again?

I did exactly the same and at 5 week check up i was found to show pregnancy signs to which the doctor claimed was impossible! But i know it isn't the old hormones as i was instructed to take a test two weeks after the termination which came out neg. I go back monday to find out if its a new one, good luck to you darling

Hi. Im new at this. but im going crazy right now and i dont know what to do. I had an abortion Jan 30 and then had my period about feb. 15 and then on feb 29th i had unprotected sex like an id**t. and then in march, i had very very light bleeding for a couple of days. like im talking spotting. and now this month, its april 23 and im spotting. i know i could be pregnant right? are symptoms different ? bc when i was pregnant the first time, i had all the symptoms, and now my boobs dont even hurt. i just have some weird cramping. Ive pretty much accepted, that if i am pregnant i will take responsibility and have it. I just dont want to take a preg test yet. i need to talk to someone. im stressed! :-(