I had been experiences some brown spotting from Monday to Wednesday and it seemed to be progressing in the amount of discharge (I had maybe about a drop on Monday then a few more drops on Tuesday and Wednesday I continuously had the spotting to the point that I needed to use a panty liner for the small amount of discharge that got on my underwear.)

I had sex yesterday, and when I got home on Wednesday, I had a little bit of blood on my underwear and I was so happy because I thought I had gotten my period, but it  completely stopped after an hour or so.

I am supposed to get my period sometime next week. I am sexually active and I am hoping this is not a pregnancy. I did have unprotected sex twice this month; yes very stupid I know. The last time I did was on Friday, and then a week before that I did as well. 

Again, I am 18 years old and the discharge has been brown, but then yesterday there was a tiny bit of blood. I am no longer spotting today. 
What could this be? 

yes u could be preggo....... go see your doctor or do a home PT.

Well, I am hoping that it is just a hormonal change

So are you pregnant?