Ive been debating for years about whether to get dental veneers or not. There is concern about how long they will last, and also how much do they normally cost? Should i go for the cheap lumineers or go for the porcelain?

You look for cheap, your gonna get just that, cheap products. I have porcelain inlays. They look nice, but over time they start to break down. I have mine for over 35 years. The problem with porcelain is that you have to be carful not to hit them, they are like a bathroom sink, you drop something heavy in the sink and it cracks, same with teeth. I hit myself in the tooth raising a bottle to my mouth and one cracked.
Lumineers can pop off on occasion. My daughter bit into an apple and the panel came straight off. The expense is out of site (for me anyway) i'm talking thousands, depending on how many you need.
Insurance will give you a hard time because the work is considered cosmetic. Tho they will pay for regular dentures, you know the ones you have to stick in place with poly grip. The new stuff now days look beautiful, but you will pay out your A** o.O