Hi! I enjoy in cup of green tea. I don’t drink coffee, but I like tea. Recently, someone tell me that green tea contains fluoride. Does anyone know something more about that issue? Should I worry about fluoride?

Hi! Green tea contain fluoride, green tea contains twice the amount found in black. However, You shouldn’t worry about the fluoride you get from either type of tea because even with green tea, the amount that people drink is unlikely to supply enough fluoride to reach toxic levels. About half of fluoride from any source is deposited in the bone and teeth. The other half is excreted. So, you can continue to enjoy in cup of tea with your friends!

it depends on the soil that its grown in. High quality green teas are grown in low flouride soils specifically for that reason. high intake of high flouride green tea can cause flourosis, there are a lot of case studies from china.

japanese green tea tends to be low flouride because of different soil characteristics.

Fluoridation worries? Make Tamarind drink! "...Tamarind intake appears to have an additional beneficial effect on the mobilization of deposited fluoride from bone, by enhancing urinary excretion of fluoride..."

Or add calcium carbonate to your cup of tea. It absorbs fluoride.

Please spread, and stop the fearmongering against Green Tea. In use in the Orient for 500,000 years. Somebody is sure worried people are learning to take care of themselves, rather than depend for their lives on organized medicine.