Yesterday morning, I began to have a bad taste of soap in my mouth. I have made no changes in my diet. I did not use the wrong tube to brush my teeth. As the day wore on, the soapy taste became worse. Please help. This is terrible!

I've been looking in to this today since I've got the same issue going on. One think I've been doing is brushing my teeth more that I normally do with like Super Ultra Maximum strength Sensodine. (sp)

In checking out things I came across the possibility of sodium fluoride poisoning. Soapy taste is one of the symptoms. So, I'm GUESSING this could be a possible source. I know you're not supposed to use that toothpaste for more than a couple weeks. So I'm going to check to see what's in it tonight and maybe switch to something with a little less fluoride in it. That is if toothpase contains sodium fluoride and not some other fluoride. Can't check until I get home.

Thanks for this website! I've had a soapy taste in my mouth for a few weeks and haven't been able to figure out why. Did a lot of research on the Internet and didn't find what I thought was a plausible answer. Then I saw this site and BINGO --- I checked my toothpaste. Crest Tartar Control. Main ingredient - sodium flouride. I switched to this about 6 weeks ago. Will discontinue use and look for a toothpaste with no sodium flouride.

I have the same thing a few weeks ago and changed my toothpaste to Euthemol (sp) which, after a couple of days worked, and then it came back today. I am still using Euthemol and for some reason everything I eat has a soapy after taste (especially cheese, wheat products, non wheat bread and other starchy stuff). Gonna book a doctor's appointment today and find out whats going on and let you lot know.
(Might be to do with alcohol though)

I have had a soapy taste in my mouth on and off for about 10 days now. No change in diet, no medications, utensils and glassware is rinsed well. Also I have used Tom's No Flouride Toothpaste for years. Help!

so it is sensodine! only used it a week! getting off now

Same here- 'Crest Tartar Control Formula'. These tubes are old so I thought the expiration date had passed or something.

Hi, did you find out what was causing the taste ?