Hello, folks. My wife and I have been experiencing some problems with our kid. He is not so grown up, but he is constantly refusing to eat and fighting with us. Our meals turned into battlefield. We really don’t know what to do. I was hoping someone could help us with this. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I know what you mean. You haven’t mentioned the age of your son. Nevertheless, this is a battle for power. Who will win? Will you win or your son? You should be more persistent and find some ways to persuade him to eat. I don’t mean beating him up or anything similar. You should discuss about this with a child psychologist. He must have some good ideas. Bye!

Hello. I totally agree with the previous post. This is a battle for power, not just eating. Of course, your kid must eat, otherwise he will end up with feeding by infusions. Your kid must know that he cannot do everything what he wants. If you give up now, you will have problems later when he grows up. I also agree that you should ask for help from an expert. Please, let me know the outcome. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

When it is mealtime, proceed as usual. Place the plate in front of him. If he doeasn't eat by the time the family is finished with their meal, clear the table as usual. Don't fight with him, because he will win.
If he is little, you can make a game out of it, as kids need to eat. Make his plate attractive and fun. Make a game of it like, if you eat most of your dinner, we will......?? Include him in the preperation of dinner, maybe ask him what he might like to eat, not every nite tho. Give him one nite a week where he can pick the menu.
We should not have to bribe our children and we do feel anxiety when they won't eat, but it is okay to play the game a little.
If he is an older child, then he is just being bratty, and he knows it's p***ing mom and dad off. If he takes a mouthful or two, so be it. If he is not loosing weight and growing on chart, don't play the game.
Dinner time is family time and no one wants to fight with each other at the table. It is supposed to be the most relaxed time of the evening for the family.
I think once you ignore his behavior and don't turn meal time into a battle royal, he will figure out that he won't mind eating his meal.
Make him sit at the family table, carry on your dinner conversation which includes him, laugh and share your day with everyone, always remembering the elephant in the room.
Do you remember the Christmas Story? Meatloaf meatloaf, i hate meatloaf, same thing here. Mommies little piggy, remember the kid stuck his whole face in his dinner plate? That's a little extreme, but we can all relate, i'm sure.

Celebrity
Totally agree with bbfeet9.
Its not worth the battle to see who wins. All that happens is it becomes more of an issue. An it could lead to eating problems later in life.
Ignor an carry on as bbfeet9 says.
My daughter was terrible at eating when little. Playing was more important.
I took her shopping, she looked at the food we talked about it an we decided if we bought it or not. Going round the supermarket she use to eat the cucumber, id get to the checkout an only have half left. or she would chew on the french stick. I never made a bit issue about it. It was a big conversation point with other costomers.
BUT you must make them aware that you have paid for all the food they ate.
It only lasted a few weeks, but i wouldnt of let it go on for a long time, thats not good for teaching them right from wrong in shops. (she was very young)
I know how you are feeling tho. I did see my doctor at one point cos she would only eat... Mashed pototo, boil in the bag fish in sause an Wotsits crisps.
My doctor checked her over, said she was a healthy child so there wasnt a problem. She must be getting all the goodness from what she was eating.
From then on it became no problem at all.
She is a teenager now an eats everything