My doctor recommended me for a gastric bypass. I guess it should be done according to problems I am living with. Anyway, I feel a little bit scared of this operation. It sounds like serious, so I want to know as much about gastric bypass before I do it. I would like to know if I would have pain in my stomach and more about after surgery risks.

Gastric bypass is a treatment option available for adult’s ages 18 to 60 years who have a BMI over 40. If your doctor will perform the laparoscopic surgery, it often requires a hospital stay of only one or two days. If the work you perform is sedentary, you can probably return to work in two weeks. If there is physical labor involved, it is up to 3-6 weeks. You should be able to return to all normal activities between one and two weeks. That is good, when is compared with four to six weeks for traditional surgery. The amount of food you will be able to eat will probably change significantly. Just after surgery, food intake is limited to one to two fluid ounces per meal. That is required that the stomach can heal properly. Later, you can increase the quantity of food, and other foods will be added as you can tolerate them. You should not be so worried for pain or anything else about gastric bypass, because it is probably something the best for you at the moment.

I am a 31 year old with two kids, but I find myself having alot of cramps as if am in labor. I get them every other week for about an hour or two every couple minutes. I need some guidance as to whats going on please.

I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY 3 YEARS AGO AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAINS IN MY STOMACH

who ever is thinking of gastric bypass think again what they dont tell you is the pouch will increas over time and weight will return. I regret having iy done.food intake is limited dumping is common.try to just limit your food intake dont risk your life