Hello. I have some questions to discuss with you and they are about my mother’s present health state. She is having obesity problem for almost all her life and never did anything about it.
This was all bearable when she was younger, but now, she came in years when it could be a big threat to her health.
I tried to help her buying her the most expensive products on the market but nothing worked for her. Even she tells me all the time that is genetic and that nothing can be done about it.
But just recently one friend told me something about some operation called gastric bypass and that, supposedly, it can help my mother. Anyone maybe knows more about this?

I know some facts about this operation because I have read some article about it few days ago.
You see, gastric bypass surgery is rarely used to treat obesity but I will tell you some information about it.
Gastric bypass surgery makes the stomach smaller and allows food to bypass part of the small intestine.
You were right about one this-the truth is that bypassing part of the intestine results in fewer calories being absorbed and unavoidable weight loss but doctors will do this only to people who are at high risk for developing other health problems because of their weight.
Risks of this operation are infection in the incision or a leak from the stomach into the abdominal cavity and some of the doctors would not recommend this to some older woman. Good luck!

I had it done in 2005 I was at 326 lbs when I had it I got down to 136 lbs then stayed at 156 lbs after a coupld years. I did have low iron for a good while and had to get Iron infussions but I have not had to get any in over a year because my body as mantained enough of it and kept it up. Other than that it was the best decison I ever made and I would do it again in a heart beat. Hope this helped