Hi! I had gastric bypass surgery. Tell me more about changes in life style after gastric bypass surgery. Do I will have significant weight lose?

Hi! You'll lose plenty of excess weight during the first year after your operation. But you'll have to change your eating and exercise patterns to ensure that weight stays off. Eat slowly and chew foods until they are mushy. Allow 30 - 60 minutes for each meal. Aim for 30 chews for each bite, chewing thoroughly to mush. Explain to people why you must eat slowly Take small bites. Sit down and be focused on eating, not other activities where you can become distracted. Stop eating as soon as you feel full.
Because the amount of space in your stomach is so small, do not eat and drink at the same time. You'll also need to take a multivitamin every day to make up for the nutrients no longer being absorbed in the bypassed areas of your stomach and intestines. Your long-term diet will be low in fat and sugar and high in protein. Talk about your diet with your doctor!