Hi. I am really overweight (my body mass index is 40!). I have heard about gastric bypass surgery. I would like to try that. Nothing else works. I am not a diet man myself. I am not sure, however, that my condition should be treated like that. What are gastric bypass conditions?

Hi. I had a gastric bypass surgery and I am really happy about it. My stomach is now smaller and I had no complications, except excessive sweating. Gastric bypass surgery is considered when your body mass index is minimum 40, when your weight puts your life in danger, or when you are not able to lose weight with other treatments. Gastric bypass surgery risks include infection in the incision, blood clot in the lung, etc.

Hi,my bmi is about 35-40.... I dont have SERIOUS medical conditions due to it tho so i fear i wont be considered a good candidate...

I am severely depressed, im a mom of 4, i get head aches and back pains and am so self concious that i cant go outside most days.... ive always been like this and i just cant do it on my own, what are my chances of being considered w/o problems such as sleep apnea...??

:(