Hi, I’ve been very obese since I was 24 years old. Now, I’m dealing with many health issues caused by my weight. Since not one single diet worked for me, I am considering gastric bypass. Should I try it?

Hello, I it is really your last option, I don’t see why not. However, you have to be aware of the risks, because they exist. For example, surgery this serious can lead to bleeding and infection. Gastric bypass will make your stomach smaller, and let the food bypass part of the small intestine. This way, you will feel full more quickly than before, and your calorie intake will be reduced. If gastric bypass is successfully done, you will be losing more and more weight every month. There are two different ways for this procedure to be done. First is the open surgery, where they make an incision in the abdomen, and the second one is laparoscopic approach.