Suffering considerable pain one night three weeks ago, I was rushed into hospital where eventually they diagnosed acute cholecystitis and I had my gall bladder removed.
Since then, my sense of taste has been disrupted. The red wine I like (and had stocked up on when I found it on a special offer) tastes bad to me, I don't want my coffee made as strong as I did before etc.
Is this normal?

After surgery, it can be normal to have a slight disruption of things. I think that it should return to normal after a few weeks. YOu said that this was three weeks ago? Is there anything else you're having trouble with? ANy other odd symptoms or is that the only thing? Let me know. :-)

I too had my gall bladder removed, two weeks ago, Since then flavors have been wildly exagerated. Salt, even very little, tastes corrosive, as does the tiniest bit of lemon juice. Sweet flavors are over whelming. I tried eating a stalk of celery that my husband tasted and said was mild, to me it was almost inedibly pungent.

This combined with the problem of gas pain (which at last is being controlled by Miralax) has made eating all but very small amounts impossible. One thing I've been able to eat, conscious of the need for nutrition, has been Kellog's Special K cereal. (If someone else is suggering from this, the Miralax and Special K might be of help. :-) )

If anyone can tell me how long this effecct may last I'd love to know.