Hey there. Slight problem here. I've always had kind of a cruddy stomach - got upset a lot when I was a kid, and just a few years ago I had my gallbladder removed, giving me a nice case of dumping syndrome for my troubles. It's annoying, but I've learned to live with it.

Last year, beginning in November, I started having a lot of trouble. Serious bouts of nausea (no vomiting), constant constipation and upset stomach, excess gas (all via burping). At the same time, I developed a strange taste problem - food tasted stale, soda tasted flat, and when I wasn't eating or drinking my mouth just tasted rotten.

Had a number of doctors visits - they did urine tests, blood tests, fecal tests, even an ultrasound, and none of them found anything. Their best guess was stomach flu, although they said many of the symptoms didn't match. They gave me medicine to quell the nausea, and after a few months it all went away on its own.

Trouble is, last week it started again - the exact same stomach problems, and the exact same taste problem. Any idea what this is, or at least what I can do to restore my taste?