Trinity- Hi. I just checked and that is the ginseng I'm using! I've lost 4 pounds, which does not sound like a lot since I weigh 203 pounds, but I'll take it. It's been about 2 pounds a month, so I'm happy if it keeps coming off at that pace.
Thank you for the great advice.
God Bless!

So so pleased to read all this.

have been on 20mg a day for a year. For the last three months I have dieted and exercised so so hard, and have struggled, bit managed to lose 21lb.

three days ago, after a period of stress and anxiety, doc upped me to 40mg. I have gained a pound every day. I eat so carefully, always on the move, gym etc, eat no sugar whatsoever. The only thing that's changed is the dosage. storming so hard and GAINING weight is making me feel so much worse than I was before. I feel I have lost control, which for me is a bad thing. Having read these posts I am certain the weight gain is due to the increased dosage and I'm only grateful I have been monitoring my weight so closely that I spotted it early. I'm coming off it, full stop. Nothing makes me feel so c**p about myself as gaining weight when I'm tryito so hard to lose it, so anything has to be better than this. 

Hopefully since I successfully lost weight (albeit very slowly) while taking 20mg means I haven't screwed up my metabolism too much. Will keep you posted!

Yep- I went through that too. I worked extremely hard on the 20 mg to keep off the weight, but once on 40 mg, nothing I did kept the weight from packing on. I had no idea at the time it was Prozac doing that to me, so I am so happy for anyone who gets the truth early enough.
I believe if you get off of it or at least do not take 40, you will be more successful at losing the weight you might have gained.
I was on 40 for a year and gained 35 pounds. In 7 months off Prozac I have only lost 4 pounds and that is by diet, exercise, and natural supplements.

Nerdloco & KOV, I am so glad i am not alone. because I had no idea that the Prozac is what made me gain weight. I gained about 25 pounds in in 3 months after upping my dose. I have been off prozac for almost 2 months now and I am hoping that my metabolism will pick up a bit. I watch what I eat and i am fairly active with the gym and my job. My mom has the same issue. we were both the heaviest we have ever and we were both on Prozac. Im only 27 and have always been around 150. I started prozac in 2011 and now i am 185! With most of the weight coming on after i upped my dose to 40. Please keep me updated KOV! Why cant docs realize that if you take something for anxiety and depression we dont want to start getting depressed about something else. Just another dollar in their pocket i guess. Good luck people! If i start noticing a sudden drop in weight i will know its bc the prozac effects have worn off and i will let you know how long it took.

id like to know if anyone has or knows someone who took an antidepressant which caused weight gain then stopped the med . then took it again 3 years later and the second time it didn't cause weight gain . or vice versa

i was on Paxcil 5mg for 2 years put on 66 pnds and lost all of it with in 6 months after going off of it. I went on Prozac 2.5mg and I weighed 129 I have put on 35 pounds now and I have tryed everything to loss this weight and was very active but i have become depressed being on this med I'am going off this Prozac. I will taper off of it and I'am 47 years old!!! Wish me luck I will check back in with you all....Thanks Debbie H

I say this medication literally just adds fat to some people for some reason that has nothing to do with calories or metabolism.  I feel if you were stranded on an island with only water and plants, you would gain weight. I wonder if after you stopped gaining and you had liposuction, would that fat return

I will let you know if u purchase the lipo for me
Lol

Just throwing out a message. I was looking at pics from before antidepressants and damn,  did I look to be in great shape. The sad thing  is then I wasn't content and wanted more cuts. Now what I would do for that body .. Damn.   

Hi! I've been looking everywhere for answers. I wasn't on prozac, I was on Zoloft for 1 year and gained 20kg, I decided to go cold turkey. The withdrawals weren't that bad, but the weight has been a b***h to move. I exercise every day of the week. I do martial arts on Tuesday and Thursdays, Pole dancing on Wednesday and rock and roll on Monday. I watch what I eat, no processed food, no take away, nothing to drink except water and I still weigh the same. It's been driving me insane. :( I'm hoping that it starts to come off soon. I've been off them 6 weeks (after the withdrawal stopped).

You've been off for 6 weeks and nothing has moved. That's common so do be upset. Even more, dont bust your ass working out. The weight had nothing to do with calories so your extra exercise won't help it come off. You will just feel worse because the excercise isn't helping.  Has anyone heard of any success stories of example.  20mg doesn't work and 40 does but with weight gain so you alternatdaw very other day 20/40 for an average of 30 and the weight comes off?

Hi, I began to feel very unwell about 12 years ago, my gp put me on Prozac. Some months later it was found that my thyroid was really underactive, by this time I had put on loads of weight. In a year I went from a skinny size 12 to a 18/20.I did not think the Prozac had anything to do with it as weight gain is common with the underactive thyroid. Over the years I have starved myself to a size 16 but always felt very bloated and swollen. With medication my thyroid levelled out so I thought the weight was going to be with me for the rest of my life. About 5/6 months ago we were sorting out holiday insurance and I declared I was on Prozac and thought WHY? I started to taper them for a month and with my gp knowing I gave up completely. Had a few very stressful weeks but got through it. Anyway, I started to be less bloated then I started to feel slimmer. I have lost a stone and dropped a dress size without trying, so am going to now go to slimming world and join the gym. It has taken about 5/6 months but now going in right direction. I am so relieved.

I had a relationship unwind because of SSRIs too. . . I was about 27, my girlfriend at the time was 20. . . I just didn't have much desire for sex, and I also became obsessed with a personal goal that I'd set for myself, rather than invest more time in the relationship. . . sure enough she met someone else.

10 years later and I've been happily married for four years. . . I have no regrets at all. . . although - looking back: At the time I had no great financial or other responsibilities - I could've just taken time-out to recover naturally. . . 2nd time around I thought I could avoid the weight gain, having knowledge of its possibility. . . nope!

I'm here on the forum today, because I got super-stressed again a while back and took flouxetine for two years. Despite working out between 60 - 120 minutes per day (a 10KM run on some days, a short run and weights training on other days) I steadily gained weight. . . 40 pounds. . . I kept exercising but instead of trimming down, just gained more and more muscle. . More exercise to the point of getting injured, so it was time to take a break. During the break, the gained muscle turned to fat.

I attempted to quit fluoxetine 3 times. The first two didn't go well - partly because my wife was worried I'd become stressy and moody again, partly from withdrawal and low mood. . After talking it through with my wife, the third attempt to quit was super easy. I think its been about 6 weeks. . . No problems, except a slight bumpy mood around week 3 and some lingering dizzy spells (you know the one where you move your head and your brain feels like its following in slow-motion?). . . I doubt that I've lost any weight yet, but I know with time its definitely possible - last time I just forgot about it and decided to do plenty of exercise and eat right. . . And what will be will be. . . One day I was shocked to see that suddenly some old clothes fit again.

Anyway - just wanted to say it's not too late to have a happy and full-fulling relationship. . .

Hi 

I took prozac for 8 months - I stopped because I had put on 10 kgs, despite exercise and diet, and nothing I did would shift the weight.

Now I have been off prozac two months - I have a personal training programme of interval and weight training 3 x per week, and walk 2 hours briskly on the other days or mix it up with other exercise. I follow strict protein and limited carb diet - and have not shifted the

10 kg after 2 mths - is this normal? I know prozac has long half life - but am starting to worry I'll never lose this weight

Any insight?

Best 

omg.....haha i guess i'm not as bad as all of you guys who gained 20+ pounds, but i did gain 10 pounds LITERALLY OVERNIGHT. like howwwwwwww.. it made me even more depressed and i almost wanted to throw up as soon as i hit the scale and saw what happened. hahahha.