My boyfriend and I recently had unprotected sex and oral sex. A few days later my throat closed and I can barely swallow it is so painful. Should I assume my boyfriend has cheated on me but, he has supposedly no signs of Strep. I have only had strep once before in my entire life and it seemed then I kissed someone at the time but no oral sex or sexual activity was performed. What the heck is going on really?

Strep is a contagious and VERY common virus! It can have NOTHING to do with "cheating"! Strep can actually take 2 weeks to show up! And this IS the season of Spring colds etc. Also ANY time you take the chance with unprotected sex, you will either DEFINITELY get pregnant OR if neither yourself or your boyfriend have been tested for STDs you just might get one! And with 1/2 the population being set to have Genital Herpes in 10 years, the probability of you getting an STI becomes higher and higher! Hopefully you are on anitbiotics as Strep is NOT something to ignore OK? Good luck and health!