Hello! I have talked to my friend yesterday and she told me that genital herpes spread to the mouth and throat and cause tonsillitis after oral sex. This is sounds to me like SF and I doubt that it is true. So, I just want to check out this with you. I hope that you will be able to answer me this. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! I hope that you already know that genital herpes is very contagious disease. Believe it or not, it is true that genital herpes spread to the mouth and throat and cause tonsillitis after oral sex. This virus can cause very bad and painful tonsillitis. So, I suggest you to be very cautious because of this.

Unfortunately I have to agree with your friend. This is not SF and this can happen so you have to be careful what you do. Herpes virus in adults and even adolescents may be presented as tonsillitis. The tonsils are tender and when they are affected by herpes you might notice white cover on them, something similar to strep throat. You will most likely notice swelling as well and the pain when you swallow food. This is serious condition that you should not leave and ignore. You will need immediate treatment so it would be a good idea to visit your doctor as soon as you notice some abnormalities in your mouth or on your tonsils.

I hope that this helped.