I was wondering if you can get Chlamydia from kissing someone who is infected by this std already?

If that person has an infection in the mouth, yes you can!

No you cant get chlamydia from kissing you should read facts and study up before say stuff you dont know.

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/chlamydia.html
How is chlamydia spread?

Chlamydia is spread from person-to-person during unprotected sex. It can be passed through vaginal, anal, and oral sex. It can also be passed to the eye by a hand or other body part moistened with infected secretions. Chlamydia can be passed from a woman infected with chlamydia to her fetus during birth. Chlamydia cannot be spread by kissing, toilet seats, bed linens, doorknobs, swimming pools, hot tubs, bathtubs, sharing clothes, or eating utensils.

actually; its true. you can recieve chlamydia through kissing if your infected in the mouth area from oral sex. now its the least way of getting chlamydia, but if your infected, get treated immediately. go to a health clinic where you can receive free antibiotics for a weekly treatment.for those who are under the age of 18, your parents WILL NOT find out unless you tell them. anything that has to do with this kind of business; its confidential; its your decision.
be safe.

it's true my boy friend got it from his ex-girlfriend. and we didn't find out he had it untill i went to the doctors.....i thought i gave it to him but everyone i had sex with only two other people before him got tested and didn't have it...so yes if the eprson has an infection in the mouth you can get it from kissing them... so even kissing can be harmful...but that's the way it is.

how long before the treatment takes effect ?

there are things I want to do with my new bf that doesn't know i have it and i'd like to remain that way, but i'm abstaining from him until i get the facts from my doctor or forums from people who have had it or know about it more then I do.

I have it , contracted it from an ex that got it from someone else ... he didnt know he had it.

i went to the doctor... got azypholexin or something 2 horse pills on friday, this last friday.... so... 2 days on it now, but they only gave me 2 pills. thats it???

how long before it takes effect to be in a "safe zone " ... if you will until i go to my next appointment to find out if its gone?

Until you are done with the treatment, you are not in the clear. Have you already taken all the pills? If you have, then you are fine. But if you haven't yet then you still need to take the pills and abstain until then. I know that you are probably a little embarrassed and don't want to tell your partner about an STD, but I think it might be a good idea to share that information. It is a way for him to make an informed decision, and you'd want someone to tell you, right? Keep us posted.

I had the same thing, two horse pills. I found out on Friday that my partner was infected. Friday his doctor gave him a course of 5 pills of Azithromycin, 250 mg each. Two were to be taken together, and then one more each day at the same time for the remaining three days. I couldn't get to the clinic until this morning because of the holiday. I got tested, but I won't have my results for a week. None the less, having what they called "contact to chlamydia", they gave me two horse pills, that is two pills of Azithromycin at 500 mg each. So there's was only a 250 mg difference between what he and I got, and only three days difference over which it was administered
In both mine and my partners case, our doctors told us no sex of any kind for a week. So I can only imagine that's how long it takes the antibiotics to run their course. I was also told no alcohol, as it hinders the meds.

It is possible to get it from kissing. I got it from oral sex..Which I passed it on to my partner later. I use to work at a bar a few years back and I always used protection when engaging in intercourse. But I would receive and give unprotected oral sex with multiple people. Before i even slept with my girl which was 4 months after my last one night-er I started to experience the symptoms of it.. I got tested and my girl did to just to make sure. Sure enough positive.... All we had done was kiss no oral or intercourse.. I received a call from the CDC to talk about my case damn none private doctor.... And sure enough they said it can come from unprotected oral and be transfered through kissing it sits in the throat and when you engage in oral and kissing if one is infected it can pass to the other..IT CAN NOTE NOT ALL THE TIME!!!! We were a rare case.. anyways some medicine and your clear.. AS someone who got it and engaged it some risky stuff in the past i can only say use protection all the time with new partners and not stop until you both get tested.. I know it sucks but think of the odds 1 in every five people you sleep with has an std some know some don't...

if someone has taken all the pills can they get it if there parter dont know if they got it r not does oral sex to do after they have done be treated

I have never seen a care where someone got Chlymidia through kissing; but I would not rule out anything. Since Chlymidia is a bactirial STI it lives in warm, moist areas. It is possible to be infected with Chlymidia in the throat as well as a form a Conjunctivitus in the eye. I have heard of the infection being spread from one person to another in similar ways as Conjuncitvitus (pink eye) so it is certianly possible to spread it through kissing, just improbable.
-dr. brent

If the answer is------ Diseases that thrive in warm damp conditions-------- What`s the question?

What are Venerial Diseases? So now you know.

Can you get it from going down on some one... I know you can but what if the person never cum.. like sperm never got into the month ..and if the boy wear a condom then didnt when a gurl go down on him.. can he get it ..

you need to abstain from all sexual contact and booze for 5 to 7 days while the antibiotics run their course. you should also make sure any of your current partners receive treatment during this period as to avoid a possible re-infection (I know it seems obvious, but some people...). you can still possibly still infect other partners while your on the antibiotics.

I was tested positive for chlamydia but the doctor didn't give me pills...i took a drink that they mixed up and i hope it was effective..I am very monogamous and so is my bf, but my ex-bf basically raped my mouth (with his unwanted kiss) and i got it from him.