Hi, Can you get Herpes type 1 without having sex? My test results were positive for herpes, but my boyfriend doesn't have it and he's the only one 've been with. How could I have gotten herpes? Could you have gotten it from chicken pox when you were younger?

Some don't realize that you can get STDs from "giving head"/ oral sex. If you have done this you could have received it from this. Also I think it is possible to get it from your parents during birth.

I'm having a similar problem, only I've never had sexual contact of any kind (besides kissing) and now I have a sort of painful bump near my clitoris. I have no idea what it is or how it got there, but I'm really worried. Could anyone give any suggestions as to what it may be or how to get rid of it?

80-90% of the population has Herpes Type 1, a small percentage of this population has genital herpes type 1. Type 1 shows itself most of the time as cold sores on your mouth. Type 2 is more commonly found (almost always) in the genital area.

Type 1 Herpes can be transfered to the genital area through oral sex, as someone said above. Herpes can be transmitted without having sex by any rubbing of the genital areas in anyway.

Were you diagnosed with herpes by a blood test? Or did they scrape a sore and do a swab test? If it was a blood test, and it came back as Herpes Type 1 it may be genital or oral. Make sure your boyfriend gets tested for herpes (you didn't mention that he was).

Chicken Pox, herpes, and mono are all in the same family of viruses but they are not the same virus. They all stay in your blood system once you get them and they may or may not show any symptoms.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.

Charming_shrew wro

Okay. so im 14 years old. ive never kissed anyone, im a virgin, i havent had oral sex or any sexual contact. but i find an outbreak of pimple like things all around the top part of my genital areas. i dont want to go to a doctor, now that would be embarressing. but they are pimple like. i recently did shave my area and im wonering if it could just be enflamed because of that? i dont know and i need advice and suggestions and answers pleease xo lily

What happened to this observation? did the "pimples" go away? I have the same problem. Never had any kind of sex before, but see these in my private parts.