I hope you can help me, but I seem to smell urine all the time.

Well, actually it mainly comes in wafts, but it really confuses me.

Could I be imagining it? Or is it a sign of a specific illness?

I was everyday so I doubt it's because I'm not clean so could someone please give me information on this?

Thanks

I have the same problem, i was looking for a answer too and cant seem to find one.

I smell urine or sulfur all the time. can anybody help. I first thought it was cigarette that i do smoke but its not...any help?

My theory is that the body starts breaking down nitrates faster than they build up. The result is that the liver releases ammonia and other wastes into the bloodstream. U would think other people can smell this but seeing as the nose has relatively good circulation, the chemoreceptors can sense minute levels of metabolic wastes in the blood. I suggest drinking more water, eating more carbohydrates, lay off protein for a couple days. If this does not work get kidneys checked, otherwise it may just be an infection, or hallucinated smells. I get an onset of smelling ammonia after severe depression episodes, I refuse to think I get this just because I am crazy, that is not a decent explanation. My question now is, what triggers this phenomenon? FYI i am in human physiology and biochemistry right now. Not a doctor, and these symptoms may be from something more serious and life threatening like kidney failure, liver or lung disease, tumors, or epilepsy so please please please don't ignore it.

Just yesterday I started research on Internet about same problem. I dont know the reason of this, but it drive me crazy! I am very clean person, my house is a picture of squeaky clean one, meanwhile, doesn't matter what I am, I smell urine. I smell it in the Mall, at work, at home, in a care, in my friends house... I dont know what to think. I wonder if this is not kidney problem. Best of luck to you! Linda

I just started having the same symptom almost a week ago. Have you found anything out? It's driving me crazy too.

me too.... my daughter just said to me do you think you could be imagining it no one else can smell it, that made me think. The smell is very strong it comes in wafts anywhere even in the car the other day I just thought it would be dirty pavements etc window was down and it was humid at the time. I have cleaned anything and everything in sight but no change I may go to gp if this continues I am at a loss as to what it is.

I'm going to school for dialysis and that's a common thing with our patients, so I'd go to the doctor!!!!!! They don't considered kidney failure tell ur about 15-20% Kidney function loss..... Urine smell always worries me also because I guess that smell can also mean someone is cooking/making meth near by

Omgosh, this is disturbing. I am trying to figure out why I smell a urine smell in my nose when I wake up in the morning. I wake up and my nose feels dry from breathing all night with the heater going. When I wake I kinda rub my nose a little then breath in and smell it then it's gone. My hands aren't smelly and I can tell it was in my nose from breathing all night...... Maybe someone is making meth nearby. :(

Same thing happens to me. If you don't wear maxi pads just wear them and it takes away the smell for me. I know it sounds weird lol. If you don't wear perfume try to do that.

I have the same thing. No info.

I think it may have something to do with siuses i.e sinus infection. Hope this helps

I don'e know why, can't seem to find much info about this phenomenon, but taking a decongestant helps me (Allegra-D) seems to help me

I have same problem for 4 days now! and your reply is the best. I have just sprayed Flixonase nasal spray into my nostrils!

thanks again!

You may seem to be a hyperactive person. I guess you are also of normal or less weight but not overweight.

When your adrenaline is released due to anxiety and worries, it prompts the breaking of proteins by the liver to ammino acids to give the energy ordered by the hormone. This is usually when you don’t have enough fat or starch in your liver. The result is the diffusion of the amonia to outside the body through skin or bladder. This is more chronic when you form a habit of releasing the hormone due to repeated experiences of fear.

One of the best thing is to accept the problem but don't fear others. Then you should avoid anxiety and stress. Try to relax when solving problems. Also avoid proteins every time. NB the amount of protein in fruits and vegetable are enough. Drink hot water with ginger every morning before you go to work. Avoid overfeeding because it courses pressure on the bladder.

The problem is not risky to your health if you live a simple no-worry-life but can be risky when you involve in hyperactive situations. Try to avoid the habit of releasing adrenaline.

Do you know that most people with this situation are philosophers, creative, introspective but naive.

Wish you a healthy life. You may be the inventor of the medicine