Please advise of urine tht smells of barbucue smoke, I know this sounds strange but it is true, and no I have not eaten barbque anything or smoked anything?

I had those same symptoms about 10 years ago. My DR advised me that I had Ecoli bacteria in my urinary tract. He prescribed medicine for ten days and I was fine.

I am having the same symptoms (of smokey smelling urine) now but I doubt it has anything to do with e coli bacteria since I don't have any of the known symptoms. Has anyone had a proper diagnosis?

I am a med student now studying the urinary system. My advice: go and see a doctor as soon as possible, because there are really a hell lot of differential diagnosis of this symptom, and I think even a doctor can't diagnose you without actually seeing you and getting your precious urine sample.

I have noticed that every time I drink strong coffee, my urine smells like that. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but in my case, I'm a 100% sure it's related to the coffee.

I don't drink coffee on a daily basis, but it happens every single time I do. Has anybody else experienced this?

Hi, I am experiencing thr same smokey urine odor. I am 56 and post menopaus. I recently starting putting sucrilose in my cofee and was wondering if that could be the cause??

Hi!  I had that smokey-smell in my urine and it happened to be E. Coli too.

Also, about coffee, I think it's normal. I am not a regular coffee drinker either, but it's very clear that everytime I do drink coffee, next urine has that very particular acid-smell. I'm pretty sure it's normal. Coffee must have lots of things that the body does not absorb.

When I think of my kidneys as excellent water filters and I see what happens to house water-filters after some time... I don't really like it that much :P

I get the smokey urine smell too! How strange! Mine comes once a month around the first of my monthly and lasts a day or two. I've had it for a few months now and I've been drinking coffee for years and using sucralose for years so I doubt its either of those things.

Did you ever get a real answer. On what the real problem was i have the same problem pleas does anyone have a Real answer that's not just a hunch

I'm looking for an answer too. Did anyone get a diagnosis?

I am new to drinking coffee and have also noticed this smoky smell to my urine on days when I have coffee instead of my usual strong tea. Since I didn't start drinking coffee until two years ago and am now almost 60, I asked my nephew who is only 19 and also a recently converted coffee drinker if he'd ever noticed it and he replied that he has also experienced it.

Have you eaten asparagus? That will make it smell smoky.

I also do not drink Coffee yet i have a smokey smell..This is the first time in my lide i have ever experienced this and i am 41..I dont eat asparagus eaither!!! What gives??? This really concerns me.. I think i will just go to my Doctor thats the best advice i can give all of you>>>

We had the same problem, her urine had this really bad smokey smell. We had it tested five times at Quest, they were only doing the test for "infection" which shows that you have white blood cells, which indicates Infection. She went to skilled nursing for a month, and the doctor there had her urine cultured. Two species of bacteria had colonized her bladder, which means that they were NOT being fought off, and were accepted by her system as being part of it. Five days later and two different types of antibacterial antibiotics, and the problems is GONE.

I hope you got your answer for smokey smelling urine. I had the same symtoms for weeks and went to ER yesterday with pain. I have a bladder infection which caused the smell