Does anyone know if methadone makes your urine have a strong and horrible smell?

Try drinking more water during the day.

Yes! Mine does too, I was thinking that I have a major problem inside of me but I am reading this is a quite common occurrence. I still get very worried because it is a very terrible smell. I drink a ton of water throughout my day and it helps but there is a very faint smell still. I am glad I am not the only one who goes through this. :/

I just had to do a search for at first I thought we weren't emptying our bathroom garbage enough with our daughter pee pull ups in it and then I realized it was me

Methadone wreaks havoc on a person's entire digestive system. The damage caused by this drug is reflected in a manner that may initially appear unrelated to methadone use. Over time, methadone is essentially shutting down one's essential digestive functions. I received a blessing in disguise when I was forced to stop attending my dosing clinic. At 64 mls a day I went cold turkey, but willingly, into a horrible withdrawal. But let me tell ya, by day 3, after 4 years of increasingly alarming urinary issues, $10,000 in medical bills for doctor visit and CAT SCAN copays all of which were executed over the course of almost 4 years (to the day from when u began taking this serpent juice) in an effort to find the reason for these recurring Uti infections.. and all along it was RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE. It was the methadone!!!! Right at 4 years consumption, the pungent odor of my urine would have nearly knocked you out. Please read the distress signals being sent by your body. Don't ignore what it's telling you through the excretion of that cloudy odorous urine. By day 3 of detox although i was beginning to feel like death warmed over, i went to pee, and like always, expected to be floored at the smell, but to my surprise, my body had ALREADY begun to pass that beautiful light normal healthy pee that I had always taken for granted. IT WAS THANKING ME!! That was my first signal as to how absolutely terrible this substance must truly be. I did a lot of research while detoxing and the things I learned regarding methadone and it's distribution, what drives the industry, and the statistics reading how illicit drug use and related deaths had increased largely as a result of the widespread operation of these worldwide methadone treatment facilities, have me beyond thankful to be one of the few who has been blessed with the opportunity to get out of its deadly hold. Had I continued on wirh methadone 'treatment' at 36 years old as an otherwise woman who is also a competitive long distance runner who drinks no soda or juice products, I'm sure I wouldn't have lived past 45. I was also unable to have a bowel movement and went weeks without doing so. I couldn't pass stool without the assistance of an enema. And sometimes I still couldn't pass my stool following an enema - even 2 consecutive enemas. Your bladder, kidneys, urinary tract, and colon are the first to reflect the terrible damage being done to your body through the use of this drug. It is the worst drug there is ansninhave done them all. I truly believe that this is the worst for us all, not only because of what it does to it's hostages, but because we are made to believe that there are no negative health consequences from methadone maintenance. The methadone industry is a multi billion dollar per year MONSTER. It is the only drug resulting in years of withdrawal (acute withdrawal can last up to 3 months, for some it lasts less - 1 month, post acute withdrawal (PAWS) can last years coming in waves and staying for days at a time) for those who have detoxed. Methadone not only robs us of our health, it slowly erases who we are as individuals, & any passionate, energetic, anxious, nervous, angry, or hopeful nature had by one trapped within these shackles, will become a distant memory over time. By the time it's gone, it'll be too late for most because then the shackled is merely a ghost... please, if you haven't already, stop taking this poison. Save yourself for you and the ones who need you around. Thanks

Wonderful info !!
I needed to hear this

Whoa. I understand your passion about your experience, but, allegations of methadone maintenance treatment (mmt)--the overall agreed-upon "gold-standard" in narcotic opiate addiction--as "serpent juice," etc: that's somewhat irresponsible, imo. I've had BOTH experiences. When younger, mmt did not work for me--I abused it. Many years later, my experience with the "juice" was considerably changed: it really allowed me to stabilize my chaotic, crazy situation, and start to build some semblance of normalcy. Anyway, just had to stand up for mmt.

Spring up thick clear mucus , urine smells like it been in a glad for a couple days, I drink bottled water, sugar water, coffee, nothing worked

I started to search for "can methadone make your urine smell bad"? And my answer is hell freaking yes ,I was starting to get worried thinking is there something wrong with me ? Like am I dying why is my urine smelling so strong and bad? And the only thing different in the past year is this methadone intake! Not trying to sound stupid but it really smells bad and strong as heck! IAM wanting to know of anything I can drink eat or do to stop this nasty smell?

Really lmaoo there gonna be bad thingswith anything like that lol u didn't care when u were doing diesel or what ever drugs u did to get on methadone n first place.. Your just upset u had to stop taking it soo y not talk sh*t about it. Yah I hav same problem urine strong but I don't drink enough simple as that lol don't scare ppl to go bak to dope because ur upset over the drug.. Cause I promise there will be that one guy that just got in there the Clinic n ppl are scaring him soo he does research n u make him go do dope to stay well n die.... Risk risk tisk tisk just do a bong hit

Omg I’m glad to know that I’m not gonna the only one

My piss smells so bad it peels the paint off the bathroom walls

Omg