Users comments and reviews on article Urine odor: Is smelly urine a symptom of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)? by MariAnne

One month ago I was taken off Pravastatin due to high levels of CPK. Two days ago I started back on Lipitor, a drug I had taken in the past. This morning I noticed a strong odor in the urine. Is there a connection?

I was pretty freaked out when I was a sophomore in college because I had learned this about UTIs and I had the worst smelling urine for a long time and I thought that I was really ill. Well it turned out that I was trying to keep myself awake and was drinking a lot of coffee and beer so thank goodness that wasn't the case! Beware. :-)

For the past 6 months I wondered about my foul-smelling urine. I recently started taking Super Strength Cranberry Concentrate capsules (promotes urinary tract health), available at health food stores, and the foul smell disappeared within a few days.

I have been constipated for several months and now I have strong smelling urine - more of an amonia / strong musty smell. I am 50 yrs old. I also have regular bloating and trapped, painful wind. I relive the constipaton with laxatves but this is having a negative effect on my social and sex life. Any idea wht is wrong? I'm a bit embarassed to go to my doctor yet.

I have been constipated for several months and I too have a strong musty smell to my urine. I am almost 40. I drink coffee and I think this dehydrates me. I seem to have lower abdominal pressure- some bloating too. Any idea? I can't get in for a paps until November.

good article. I liked it very much.

no comment

to the last Q ~ YES meds make your urine smell or strong oder as well . I think I have had a UTI now going untreated for awile, I am worried about my liver, in my last blood testing they called and said my livel panel came back abnormal, so I am worried. will nomore later, I KNOW I need to drink MORE water, that is the hardest thing it seems for me to do . I HAVE TO . I also have high sugar, and blood pressure, so the liver panel being abnormal could just be saying I have a severe UTI, ir I may have damaged my liver with all the pain meds I Used to take .

I have a real smelly urine, and ive been to the doctors and he never said anything about. Ive taken a pee test to.. He said my Blood Sugar was low but that was about it. I had kidney failure when i was little, could this be apart of that? Im getting worried

my son is aged 12 his urine is with bad smell. I have conducted urine examination. No defect was found. He is active. Not having any other problem. suggest me the remedy for this disorder my add sarma dot cheruvela it is gmail

strong medical urine odor and a dark urine

I think all urine smells bad. If this urine is particularly bad, see a doctor. DUH

hi i notice my urine have a very bad odor so what treatment i can take to cure it?

My question, what causes urine to smell. I've been having this oder to my urine for the last 3 months. I drink a lot of water daily and I can't understand why?????? Can you help with this ?