I noticed this morning very subtle red spots on my penis. They appear to be in the middle, not on the head or by the pubic area. They don't hurt, and are flat. The color is pink, and they fade back to my normal skin color, there is no hard contrast. There's 4 maybe 5 all isolated to one side as far as I can observe. I'm noticing no itching or pain, and there appears to be a very small amount of dry skin ontop of them, I noticed this while rubbing one of the spots to see if it hurt. I have had 2 partners since I was last tested. It's been about 4 months, nearing 5 since I slept with girl number one, I wore a condom during sex but was given oral sex without one. I was having regular sex with girl number two in a committed relationship. Currently I am masturbating, recently very frequently, which I suspect is the cause of this. Though, I'm worried that this might be something beginning to show symptoms. Does any of this raise any red flags? Looking for some peace of mind here or advice that going to see a doctor wouldn't make me seem like a hypochondriac.

Spots aren't often a sign of sexual infection, and they are almost never a sign of cancer. Spots on the penis are very common and most do not have a serious cause. However, occasionally spots can indicate a significant health problem. So, it's important to seek prompt medical advice if you're concerned. Spots on the penis can be divided into groups according to their appearance. Ulcers-not common. They are little craters in the skin. There's frequently a crust, or perhaps clear liquid (serum) or pus in the crater; Papules-small (less than 1cm diameter) lumps, raised above the skin surface; Plaques-raised, flat-topped lesions, greater than 1cm in diameter.

I've been reading around, I've already read your cut and paste answer.
These spots are NOT raised, the skin appears no different from surrounding skin except in color and are round, not oddly shaped.

I am also wondering, at the beginning of a herpes outbreak are the spots painful? Or do they have to burst first?

I realize this is over a year old, but did you ever find out what they were?