I have had redness and red spots on my testicles and a couple red spots on my shaft. no pain or discharge. My glands are also swollen down there. I had seeked medical help and they said it isn't Herpes. I am still worried what this is, can you help me ?

Health Advisor
Well, what did the doctor say it could be when they said it wasn't herpes? They should have made some kind of diagnosis or sent you to a dermatologist, right?

They couldn't have just said it is not herpes, good bye!

It is very hard to say without seeing the bumps, it could be some kind of dermatitis but you better see a dermatologist about it.

The doctor gave me some Bactroban cream to put on the affected area. They talk a scraping to see if it is a bacteria or a fungus and they said no. and assured me that it isn't herpes, but it's nasty to look at. it doesn't itch or no burning in my urine. my testicles ate shiny and red spots (not really zits w/white heads0 more like spots. and just a couple on my shaft of penis. the cream has not been working and it's been a week.

I have same problem

Guest wrote:

I have same problem

I have same problem. Been this morning to the dermatologist that didn't understan what it is.

i have red spots on my penis like on the head and on the shaft but it dosent hurt or anything im jus worried i need help

I believe I have same problem or something similar. It has not hurt once but these weird outgrowths almost like a pimple or a wart but not really circular and they can become inflammed a little when I masterbate. But no pain. I saw the doctor sure that it was herpes but he said it wasn't. BUT he did tell me it could be something like a clogged pore that could be there forever. Not a disease and not spreadable but just there. He suggested anti-fungal cream and said to try for a week and if it doesn't work to stop. I refuse to believe there cannot be anything done about this. I have read up and it sounds maybe like HPV a wart that comes (hasn't gone yet) and doesn't hurt. But when I look for pictures on google its these horrific pictures that look pretty extreme I havent gotten there yet.

"Genital warts usually appear as soft, moist, pink, or flesh-colored swellings, usually in the genital area. They can be raised or flat, single or multiple, small or large, and sometimes cauliflower shaped. They can appear on the vulva, in or around the vagina or anus, on the cervix, and on the penis, scrotum, groin, or thigh. After sexual contact with an infected person, warts may appear within weeks or months, or not at all."

My only question past this is...my partner from a few months ago got tested and does not have HPV. Soooo can it just appear?

i'm having those exact same symptoms! i'm actually rly concerned becoz i came across HPV, the STD that causes genital warts, myself and it could be it...but the images on google are too extreme and if i do have it my condition isn't that bad...

lately i've had, like, some raised swollen areas on my glans and last week i got diagnosed with testicular varicocele, when veins get blocked in the testis (usually the left) and causes it to expand. doc said it could come from irritation or if somethin is blocking the vein, which i now believe has to do with the swelling...

i looked up the swelling and the discoloring and found out it could be PENILE CANCER! so i'm very concerned right now, and no health insurance makes it any better

I have bumps on the head of my penis, too. Went to a doctor and he said they were very, very common among men who are circumcised because the head rubs directly on clothing throughout the day. It's almost like a small callous. Nothing to worry about and NOT a disease. Yes, they can become painful after masturbation because you rub them more since they are raised. He said some medical name for it, but like all medical names who can remember it. LOL. Rest easy, fellas. It's probably just the body protecting itself.

On the other hand, if your bump discharges fluid (herpes), is rough and scaly (herpes or genital warts), look like cauliflower (genital warts) or your urine stream splits into two streams (ulceration inside the urethra), then you have a problem.

You answered your own question... if you or your partner caught it a long time ago it might only first appear now. No you can't develop it, it has to be transmitted. Don't worry if you have it, over 99% of sexually active people have some type of HPV. The ones that display warts are generally the non cancerus types. Thats looking at the bright side.

I have a small lump on the left side of my penis. It is mostly just a small hard spot under the skin, but does become irritated at times and gets larger. At these times squeezing makes it pop with discharge similar to a zit on the face. My doctor says it is a calcium deposit which I will most likely have for the rest of my life. I'm thinking it may have to do with masturbating to rough. I've read articles online about bike riders who get these on the scrotom due to banging on the bicycle seat. Sound familliar to anyone?

As long as I can remember, I've had these little raised nubile things under the skin on my scrotum and the base of my penis. Never hurt or inflamed, they're just there. Alot of them seem house my pubic hair follicles. I also have these little dots on the head of my penis that don't do anything either. Can't be a callous 'cause I'mn't circumcised.

Also, I have recently noticed that if I squeeze the hair follicle holes of recently fallen out hair, pus will come out. I know that means that there's some kind of infection, but I dunno what.

Similar problem, randomly te other night i noticed a relatively flat red spot at the top of my shaft, but just lower than the head. the spot is not at flexible at the rest of the surrounding skin.. sometimes when erect, layer of the spot peels off. I haven't been fooling around with anyone for a while, so i don't know if something is just now surfacing or what. what could it be?

The small white dots which are hair folicles may be Fordyce spots...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordyce%27s_spot

The other red blotches on the tip could be:

Thrush (Candidiasis) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis
This is usually associated with itch and pain.

Psoriasis (actually quite common)
psoriasis.about.com/od/livingwithpsoriasis/qt/mgs.htm