After returning home from periodontal surgery (crown lengthening) today, I used the restroom and saw a large bloody vaginal discharge (approx. 3 inches in diameter). Soon afterwards, I experienced mild cramps. When I used the restroom about an hour later, the bloody discharge was about the size of a quarter. About an hour later, I felt and discovered light bleeding.

My next period isn't due for another two weeks. I'm not pregnant, because I had a tubal done 13 years ago. My last pap smear was normal also. Could my dental surgery have caused the onset of this unusual bleeding? Do I need to go to the emergency room? Should I wait to see a gynecologist?

The only thing I noticed prior to this episode was that I experienced pain in my lower left abdomen for about a half hour a few days ago, but it went away. Since my last period, I have also noticed either thick clear, pink, or brown vaginal discharge on some days. However, I dismissed it as normal.

Please advise. Thank you.

i was pregnant my third month scanning was absolutely normal and the fetus had normal heart beats and movement. but at 16 weeks i had iud. i underwent viral infection test where rubella and cmv virus was positive. can u please give the reasaon for intraunterine death