I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have noticed that I have brownish to red discharge. Is this normal? I am worried so I made an appointment with my doctor. Until then, can I get more information about it?

Many women have discharge when they are pregnant. However, brown vaginal discharge in pregnant women can be a sign of lichen sclerosis or other dangerous conditions leading to a miscarriage. I hope that you are not experiencing spotting or even bleeding. If you do, please contact your doctor immediately. Excessive bloody flow later in pregnancy requires a medical attention because it can indicate a pre-term labor. It is caused by the implantation of the blastocyst into the uterus lining and is considered normal. During early pregnancy, brownish-tinged flow is possible and it is also considered normal. Every change in the amount and color of the flow can happen due to several causes. It consists of secretions produced by the cervix and vagina mixed with old cells and bacteria present in the vagina and a normal flow should be mucous-like, clear or milky with no odor. I hope that everything will be ok with your pregnancy and that it is nothing serious. And I hope that the appointment with your doctor is very soon.