Few days ago I felt strong pain in the right side of abdomen. It occurred after a meal and was very frighten because I suspected it was something connected with bowel, especially cecum.
Same day, I’ve noticed a small amount of blood in my vaginal discharge and I become very frightened.
I was in the 14.day of my menstrual cycle and it couldn’t be normal vaginal bleeding.
I am 27 years old and I was pretty healthy ‘till this happened.
I told my best friend about this, and she said she has never experienced anything similar but she heard something about it on television. It is called, as she said, menstrual spotting and that it has something with some infections.
Does anybody know more information about such condition?

I heard about it on TV and I try to tell you what I heard.
Menstrual spotting is the medical term for presence of apparent menstrual blood during the wrong parts of the menstrual cycle.
It can occur just after last menstrual bleeding, in middle and in the end of normal menstrual cycle.
Some women have a tendency to bleed around ovulation, which occurs at about the 14th day after the first day of menstrual bleeding.
There can several possible causes of your bleeding.
First, it can be perfectly normal because it is related to your ovulation and your uterus’s growth and preparation for implantation.
So, it is usually quit benign condition but there are some pathological changes that can provoke your symptoms.
Ovarian cysts can cause the bleeding you describe. Sometimes condition called endometriosis can also cause menstrual clotting and pain in lower right or left abdomen.
Only surgery can relieve such conditions but, like I said, it is very rear cause of menstrual clotting.
Although spotting is usually benign, its onset is always a reason to see a doctor who can rule out problems.