Hello all,

I am supposed to be about 5.5 weeks pregnant and I started bleeding about 6 days ago. It started off with slight pinkish discharge and turned into mild bleeding bright red in color with mild to severe cramping. I passed a few blood clots two days ago. Today I went into the ER. THey said my cervix was closed and send me home. After I came home I started to have severe severe cramping and lower back pain which was unbearable I even cried from it, then I experienced heavy bleeding with several blood clots. This lasted about 2 hours. After that, the pain became mild and bleeding became lighter. In the hospital I was told that I have threatened miscarriage. Would this kind of pain be normal along with a bunch of clots and bleeding??? The doctor was not of much help at all so I don't know if he checked my cervix right?
Any suggestions??

I went through this in May and it ended up being a miscarriage. Please call your obgyn to be sure. If it is you need to make sure your body is healing properly from it and does not require a D & C. I hope it isn't wat I said but please call the doctor right away. I wish you the best.

well im 15 almost 16 and ive had my periods since i was 11 and they are normally ontime, last time i had them was about maybe 8wks ago maybe a lil less they were 2wks early, I havent had them since nd its weird because there narmally ontime, i work over 30hours a wk and go to skool inbetween + sport, i have had a bit of stress and dnt sleep much im about 152cm tall and weigh 53 very sporty. Is there anything unormall about this am i over weight or under weight i have gained a lil weight theese few months

today i went to the doctor i am 5 weeks pregnant. i had been having some light cramping and bleeding they told me it was a threatened miscarriage. but they said my cervix was closed and that my uterus is lined thickly as it should. they gave me an ultrasound vaginally after that i started to bleed and some smell clots started to come out. could it be the tool from the ultrasound may have loosened up some tissue someone please help me.

I'm going through the exact same thing as of NOW! I noticed spotting a day ago. It started off brown..then to light-red..to almost a normal period. I went to the ER and they said it was a threatened miscarriage. Checked my cervix..said it was closed.. But i feel like i'm on my freaking period..the moderate bleeding anc cramping and all. What is this.? I'm scared because this is my THIRD pregnancy...and i have NO living children do to miscarriage..HELP ME!

This is exactly what is happening to me right now. I found out a week ago today that I was pregnant and then I had had no bleeding no cramping, nothing and was 2 weeks late. the following saturday i started lightly spotting, just brown and NO crampingor pain. Monday I started cramping just slightly and went to a doctor at a clinic in my small town and got no answer. the next day i started bleeding heavier and it turned red and that lasted about an hour and i went to a womens clinic and was told that it is a threatened miscarriage and to come back on friday for more tests. today, i am doubling over in pain and bleeding like a normal period. i have pretty much lost hope for this pregnancy. in the ultrasounds they found no fetal tissue or sac of any sort. they arent sure how far i am along. i have heard 6 weeks and 2 weeks. im not sure what to do. im scared and most of all in so much pain that i am crying. advice?

Hello ladies, thank goodness for this site, I just found out I am 5-6 weeks pregnant with my 4th child after 10 yrs I was on the Depo shot for over a yr and came off it this March so I must've got pregnant right after coming off it, well I started having some cramps and spotting a few days ago and it has gotten worse over the past 2 days, I am now bleeding a bit more (not like regular spotting and the blood is red and at times dark red) and my cramps are really bad and do not seem to go away, I went to the ER last night and the Doc said my ovaries look good and it is not an Ectopic Pregnancy, but to keep watch because it could be a threatened miscarriage, to make things worse m bf of 3 yrs is not 100% sure he wants this baby but I def do, I think this is making me more stressed. If I end up having a Miscarriage I will be very sad but I refuse to abort it even thou my bf is not sure wether he wants it or not, he is a very good man he is just very scared to be a father and is not sure he is ready, thou this pregnancy was not planned ( I did not think we could get pregnant after a few weeks coming off the depo) I really want this baby. Not sure how to feel this is stressing me out. Mind you I bleed for almost 3 months with my last son and had a period like bleeding once with my 1st son at 4 months but never with this much cramping, its so painful.

Last month I had a three day early period that was light with mild cramping and only lasted those three days. Now I am oddly one day early with severe cramping that caused me to collapse/pass out, dry-heave, and the blood is flowing like a semi-normal period. It is lighter than usual but still present. I have been cramping all day long. Mild due to the IBprophen. Help me!! What the bloody hell is happening?