This past Friday during my lunch break from work, I came home, used the washroom then became dizzy. My husband had me sit down but I became disoriented and passed out. He called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital. After checking my blood pressure (which was up) and taking blood tests and having a CT Scan (which all came back OK), the doctors said my potassium level was slightly low .... I had a terrible headache, which lasted for two days. I was sent home, the doctors said they found nothing abnormal and that I should see my family doctor for more tests.
What could cause this - is it high blood pressure? I have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor but, I'm very weak and tired. I just don't feel "normal". This has really scared me and my family. I have been taking Paxil for the past year, could this cause the problems.

This is a question for Mrs. M (who I hope is feeling much better now): Did you ever find out the root of the problem? This past Saturday, I had a terrible headache. I usually get headaches like that before my menstruation period and assuming that was what it was, I just ignored it. The headache continued early Sunday. I couldn't bear it any longer and popped a pill for it. The headache subsided, and I thought of finishing reading the book from the previous day. After about an hour, I got up to use to the bathroom but soon as I got there, I felt dizzy. I came out of the bathroom and told my friend who came just minutes before that I wasn't feeling too well. Those were the last words I remember saying before I fainted.
He rushed me to the ER. My blood pressure was 160/100. I was admitted for a day... they ran all sorts of test including a CT Scan and surprisingly all came back normal. The following day, I was out of there.
However, my blood pressure still keeps fluctuating. My blood pressure went up t0 150 yesterday. I am only 32 years old... I am pretty active and healthy. I'm too young to have high blood pressure. I am very scared.
I hope you can share your findings with me. Thanks

My friend have a similar problem, she fainted, it happened three times in two months, and so far the only diagnosis is high blood pressure. She also suffers of constant headaches and tiredness. She is not pregnant.

When it happened again this morning, she also kept saying she is scared.

We are very worried, mostly because we don't know what is wrong. Test keeps coming back with no solutions. If anybody has been through the same thing and may be able to shed some light of their experience and diagnosis, please speak up!

I hope you ladies read my posting.

PLEASE be very careful with your blood pressure, see another doctor, get a 2nd and 3rd opinion, something's going on with your body, these are the warning signs...most doctors are too lazy to get down to the bottom of the problem.

My cousin had high blood pressure, she died last Saturday at the age of 38, trust me when I got the call at 5:48am, I could NOT grasp what I was hearing. It was all so sudden! She had another of many fainting spells, her heart stopped, paramedics revived her, got her to the hospital, her heart stopped again, they could not revive her.

My cousin was under a doctor's care for her high blood pressure. During the summer and even this past December, she had numerous fainting spells in which 911 had to be called and she had to be transported to the hospital. It's no joke, we're preparing to bury her. So, please...ladies, find a doctor that care, that will help you!

I am only 15 years old and I have the same problem.
I have been having fainting spells for the past 2 years and the doctors havent found out what is wrong. I was wearing a holter monitor when I fainted once and it showed that my heart stopped.
Yesterday I fainted at work and they took my blood pressure immedietly and it was very high for my age.
Doctors have always said mine was low, even though they never proved it. Just thought that was the case since they didnt know what else it could have been.
It's frusterating that they dont take me seriously but now I see there are other people out there with the same symptoms and we're all not getting any answers.
This is really weird .

I hope you've found an answer to your problem. If not please ask to be checked for sick sinus syndrome. It's something that usually strikes the elderly. My brother has the same problem and had a pacemaker put in at the age of 17. He's 46 now.