My husband has extremely low blood pressure, eg: a recent measure was 86 over 51. He also suffers frequent bouts of dizziness, to the point where he feels he will faint. Having very narrow nasal passages and suffering from chronic sinusitis, he wonders if there is any connection, that is a lack of oxygen to his brain resulting in the low blood pressure and dizziness?

Hi Rene,
I would like to know if there is a connection between low blood pressure and sinusitis as well. I have approximately 4-5 severe sinus infections a year and my blood pressure is consistently low. Just yesterday at the allergists office is was 77/54.

I also have low blood pressure and have constant sinus problems (due to a deviated septum). It would make sense because sinus problems, I believe, means that the body gets less oxygen, so the body would respond with a lower blood pressure. Does anyone know if this is correct?
thanks

thanks

yeah i have been getting very dizzy when i stand and have low blood pressure. just found out i have a bad case of chronic sinusitis

hello

i am 24 years old and i am very frustrated because i am experiencing very frequent dizziness lately. my blood pressure gets lower as well. i visited different doctors and today i found out i have chronic sinusitis. so i am researching about the connection between chronic sinusitis, dizziness and blood pressure. i found you on google and i was pleased to read your question. i hope you can get back to me ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
if you found more about this. it would be greatly appreicated!!!

many thanks!!!

- shiran

OMG I have been having the exact same issues! Sinusitis, terrible allergies and lower than normal blood pressure! Please if anyone finds out more about this let us all know!

I have been having the same problem. Mine started with a bad nose bleed. I been getting low blood pressure & dizziness I passed out & went to the er. They could not find out why. I to have been having problems with my sinuses & infections. I cannot get in to see a ENT til the end of April.

I have sinus problem since childhood. Now i am 60. Once I got my face xray from the front. In that xray a thick layer of sinus/mucus was seen in xray. I have low blood pressure especially in the evening 70/120. I also ha ve migrane problem. These days I am suffering from vertigo. I am taking Serc 15mg thrice a day from 2 -weeks. There seems to be improvement. But I still have feelings while walking I will fall with wandering steps. Feel diggi while stand straight. These feeling are same as before taking Serc medicine.. Can any body comment on it for me or suggest remedy,

ADRENAL FATIGUE!!!!! The answer I had been looking for, for a very long time.

I have low blood pressure from dehydration caused by too many caffeinated drinks. (Am correcting by simply drinking more water instead). I'm now recovering from a bout of sinusitis and bronchitis, the worst I've had in years. Obviously, blood delivers nutrients to the body's cells, takes away cellular waste, and fights infections. Just as a higher flow of water cleanses better - consider washing your car - so higher blood pressure effectively delivers more white blood cells to sites of infections and more efficiently stops or prevents them. Hypotension causes many other health issues as the posts show. Recommend seeing a doctor for help if you haven't already.

I experience similar problems and I too guss both(less sleep leads to low blood pressure and mucus formation) are related.
Recommendation: put vicks balm at night and by morning the mucus melts .
but one thing to note, till sleep is not complete this problem(mucous production) continues.
The balm will not stop mucus producing but will reduce sinus pressures.
For dizzy feeling u should try consuming salts.
Hope this helps.

I to have trouble with my sinuses, plus now I recently have low blood pressure as well and feel lightheaded once in a while, and I've been having high blood pressure all the time for a few years two years maybe, and now all of a sudden lower blood pressure it's really uncomfortable I feel like I need to sit down sometimes because I feel shaky. Wush they could do something about this, plus I'm going room menopause is well I'm 53 years of age and this is the first year this is happened to me but I've been having problems with my sinus for many years and no doctors do anything about it but give you antibiotics .

I experience the same and most possible cause for this might be dehydration of any kind (Sex, Caffeine) Sleeping at irregular times can also cause the symptoms to multiply.

Recommendation: Sleep at fixed times, avoid caffeine for a week at least, Consume Ca, Mg to get sleep at fixed times (~7 and a half hours). STOP SEX. Stop Refined sugars (Like white rice, Burgers etc). No night time Electronics .
My electrolyte counts are low (K, Ca, Mg) except Sodium(Na). So You need to test this if your Na is normal u don't need to consume Table salt (U need to consume Mg, Ca, K, Mg is excellent to get sleep).
Measure blood pressure using Android app. Heart Rate Application (FREE).
God Bless You, Cheers.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Also,
Consume Licorice Tea, Excellent way of increasing BP. With no caffeine.