i smoke weed on a pretty regular basis and last night i smoked with a group of people and afterwards me and several people in the room all started smoking ciggaretts in the same room. it was a garage with the side door open. about half way through my ciggarette i put it out and me and my friend were leaving to go home and as i was walking through the house i started feeling dizzy and was holding my face and without knowing ran into someone and fell on the floor blacking out for maybe 5 seconds and then got up and felt extremely hot for a few minutes and then i was fine. what couldhave possibly happend?

Well you could smoked a little to much, and you had a lack of oxygen and it was a little shock for your brain and lungs.

I have smoked pot only a few times and something really scary happened to me like this the other day. I was with my boyfriend and one of his friends and we smoked a joint and i was feelin alright at first. But then i started getting dizzy and my vision went black. It came back like 30 seconds later but i then i couldn't hear or understand what was going on. i thought everything was a dream. i remember trying to talk and not being able to. and then i guess i passed out because the next thing i remember is my boyfriend and his friend holding me up and saying they needed to get me water. I remember that for a second and then my boyfriend told me i passed out again and fell to the sidewalk and he picked me up and told me i had to stay awake. i could see but everything was so bright and blurry that i just closed my eyes because i thought i was going to throw up. and then finally i got water and sat down for a minute and then i just felt really high. but it was really scary i didn't know what was going on... Can this happen from smoking weed? Is it normal? My boyfriend and his friend were totally fine...

Smoke from joints has a much higher condensates concentration than regular cigarettes. In other words, the smoke is much more dense and heavy. When the smoke settles in your lungs there is less room for fresh air and as an effect the brain gets less oxygen. This can cause a black out.
Next time, make sure you have sugar at hand. Dextros do the job very well. It will take the effects down.
A friend of mine quit weed because of frequent black outs.

Don't worry too much about it, but if it happens more often, weed is probably not a drug for you.

Cheers,
Andi76

i smoke almost everyday and i got very scared because yesterday i was out with some friends and we wwas in a house just drinking a few beers i had like maybe 6 Coors light, after that i stopped because i drive so i wanted to at least sober a little first.after that little get together me and my best friend went to go smoke some weed. i smoked a dub on a dutch, and after i smoked i went outside my car to pee i guess all that beer was running threw my system. as soon as i peed i felt like i pee every inch of once in my body ; then it hit me i saw my vision jus going black slowly until all my vision was pitch black. the first thing was to put my penis away lol but it as so wierd i felt like i was just standing there so stupid i wanted to scream to my boy " help me!!!" but i couldnt talk i couldnt move i was standing prob for 1 or 2 min then it really felt like somebody punch me in the face n i jus started to lay on the floor i was so scared maybe i fell in my pee lol but i had enough strength to at least sit on my butt just waiting till my viion came back i was there for liek 10 min until my vision came back slowly, i got up wen to my car n my best friend was sleeping soo idk what happen to me that night but it was so scary i felt like no one was there to help me .....

i've passed out from smoking weed about four or five times. Everytime, I get sweaty and I try to fight back the feeling of collapsing, but I always end up falling on the floor. Yesterday, this happened in the worst possible place: Walmart. A friend of mine immediatley said, "We have to get someone," and she bolted. That was a ballsy move. The lady didn't know we were high, but I was a trainwreck. I couldn't talk straight, I was barely mumbling. I couldn't even see her face; everything was just white fuzz. Anyway, she said that when you don't eat for a long time, your blood sugar goes down, and things like this happen. It can happen to anybody. So, I think weed just enhances these symptomes. Just be sure to eat properly, and you'll be good.

Lastnight I blacked out after smoking weed (I do not smoke ciggs or drink). My roommate and I had smoked maybe 15 minutes before I blacked out. My roommate was in the living room putting a movie on, and I was in the kitchen making a little munchy movie snack when I started to feel a little dizzy. I have blacked out before so I knew what was about to happen. I stopped what I was doing so that I could tell my roommate to watch me incase anything happened, but it was too late. After taking two steps my vision was completely black (but I could still hear and understand what was going on). I continued to feel my way towards the livingroom (the next room over) when all of the sudden my legs felt like jello. I ended up loosing my balance and hit my head on the door frame. I remember trying to catch my balance, but I was over whelmed by the numb and tiggling I felt all over my body. I tried calling for help, but couldnt talk nor move. I fell to the ground and layed there while it felt like my body was startin to tense up and jult. After 10 seconds of laying on the floor, my vision came back and I felt fine. This is the second time I have blacked out, and I still can't quite put my finger on it. I eat healthy and drink more than enough water. Any help?

The same thing happened to me last night. I was about to hop in the shower but my girlfriend had just got home from work and picked me up some dank weed as a surprise. I took like 6 hits off a blunt then went to take a shower. I felt fine for about 10 minutes or so till I started feeling dizzy and week so i turned the shower on cold incase I passed out and then i sat down with the water running on me. My vision started getting fuzzy and black and i felt weak and tired and I passed out for about 3 minutes. I woke up and my vision was still fuzzy so I got a sip of water from my fridge and got back in the shower and continued to wash my hair and ignore my fuzzy vision and weak body. It worked i kept telling myself, im okay im taking a shower and im fine theres nothing wrong which helped alot. But then my shoulder got extreamly teense and started hurting so bad that I had to stop what i was doing and have my girl rub my shoulders. So basically after 15-20 minutes I was fine. I think I just smoked to much really good weed after not of smoked before then for quite a few months. :-P

Happened to me too. I dont smoke that much, every now and again but I was smoking with my cousin. We went into his house because he was getting something to eat and I got a glass of orange. I was leaning against the table when I started to see static then slowly my eyesight went black and I blacked out. I smashed the glass and smacked my head off the ceramic tiles which really hurt and I woke to my cousin shouting at me. I'm not sure whether I got up myself or... My cousin said I started shaking, then slowly leaned over to one side. Funny thing was after I fell I was completely normal, not or anything. I learned my lesson.

That sucks, I had a bad acid trip once and I felt like no one was there to help me and they basically ditched... but then at 3 am they decided to then call me and see if I was ok... Make sure you have good reliable friends with you next time cuz it sucks to not have a supportive group to help you when you need it

Does anyone know if there is a common strain causing this condition?  Seems to me that I have been having these weird episodes periodically for the past year.. sort of like a dizzy vertigo blackout feeling (similar to a whipit if I remember correctly.)  I just wonder if it could be a specific strain, or a fertilizer, pesticide, etc.

I smoke weed on a regular basis , almost every day but every week for sure. I've been smoking for about a year or so , and I've already blacked out 3 times. Last night, I blacked out after smoking one joint. It was weird because I usually smoke a lot more that that and things work out. I had eaten before, so that was not the problem. Why does this happen? Does weed have this effect on some people? like, if this hapens this often, should you quit?

remember to breathe. I've blacked out a few times from being so high that I zone out forgetting to breathe. if you're still experiencing dizziness you may be having anxiety attacks from smoking.

blackouts seem to be more common with indica strains in my experience.

I have some experience with this. I have probably blacked out 4 or 5 times now that must be at least highly correlated with smoking cannabis. Usually, it begins almost immediately after smoking and it entails my body becoming increasingly tired at first, and then after a short while an extreme general weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness, sweatiness, and tingling all hit me at once. Within seconds I am out, usually dropping where I stand or sit (and once when trying to stand up.) Some instances I was simply out cold, but a few I went into an instant and bizarre dream state. Afterwards, I feel even more physically tired and sick and just need to sleep before I feel better again. My theory about why this happens is that the combined factors of decreased oxygen flow and lowered blood sugar are the main causes. Not eating soon before smoking, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, and being in warmer and/or smoky, enclosed spaces all seem to make these events more likely. Unfortunately, there are no medical or scientific studies into this subject because of cannabis's legal status, but I am pretty sure my theory explains the cause without getting into the details of exactly how this happens. Personally, I'm going to fix it by quitting smoking of both kinds.