I have been a sun worshiper since i was a teenager and i wish i knew then what i know now. The sun is harsh and can be your worst enemy. I used to lay out in excess of 6 or 7 hours, no sun block, no nothing. There was a few fads back in the day to boost the suns power giving a darker tan. One was baby oil and iodine, another was motor oil, straight out of the can. I tried them and yes i achieved a beautiful golden tan but it is now reaking havoc with my skin.
My skin is starting to resemble leather which forces me to use a ton of moisturizers to get some kind of hydration back. I use straight up olive oil, which really helps give my skin a big drink.
Because i had a vanity issue and just had to be "a bronzed beauty" i switched to the tanning bed. I could get a dark tan in less time, who da thunk it!!!
Now i have brown spots on my face which i pay dearly for a creme that i can only get thru my dermatologist, to the tune 150.00 bucks for a 2 oz. jar, and that's with a discount because i used to clean her home. Enter the wrinkles, not only from the natural ageing process, but from the tanning bed and the natural sun. The rays suck the moisture right out of your face, leaving it movie star tan, but lifeless.

Everyone single person will age. When we are young and just have to be beautiful, we don't put much stock in the years ahead of us. All we are concerned with is, am i skinny enough, am i tanned enough, are my teeth chemically whitened, are my boobs big enough? Vanity is so bad, but we can't help it. All the nipping and tucking, poking and plumping, tightening and tanning will catch up to you, and sooner than you think.
Now, i try to stay out of the sun for the majority, but you can't avoid it all together. A little sun during the day is actually healthy for everyone, but we don't need to live in it, unprotected. I have invested in a good sunscreen and apply it everytime i go out. My skin is now just starting to look a little better, but it will never have that beautiful texture that i had before i went on my quest for the ultimate tan.
If i knew this stuff when i was a young girl would i have listened, probably not. But i tell my girls the same thing and do they listen? Probably not. Just so you younger folks know, it's not b s and it's harmful. Use a bit of caution now, so your not suffering later.

UV ray can cause skin cancer as well as premature aging of the skin. Fair skinned people are especially susceptible. The beautiful tan is actually skin damage.

Yes too much sun is a no no but did you know it is healthy to get 15 minutes of sun a day?
Keeps your Vit D levels up and your mood.