Hello! Does anybody know how do I turn sunburn into tan? The thing is that I wanted to have the perfect suntan those days and so I put on my bikini and went on the top of my building –there is a huge terrace- and all I have managed to do is to get sunburn practically all over my body despite the fact I was using sunscreen so I am now curious how do I turn sunburn into tan? Please, help!

Well it looks like you should wait until those sunburns you have now disappear first and than watch out what you are doing for you know it is not enough putting on some sun blockers on the face and body skin and you could go get tanned on the hottest sun. of course it is the must applying those sun blockers and you should reapplying it practically every hour-wear a hat , wear a glass and remember you could also get some tan before 10 or 11 am but still the sun in these hours could cause you sunburns. Anyway it looks to me like you will need to heal the sunburn you have first and it may take you the whole week even longer and than you can get tan but avoid overexposure to the sun and why don't you try with using some of those self tanning products –as far as I am concerned they are pretty much effective especially in turning sunburn into tan-but don't apply it yet if your skin is pretty much damaged.

Seriously? I was out yesterday and got sunburnt on my back, the part where I was unable to get any sunscreen because I couldn't reach that part. Sooo! I come online searching for anything to stop the pain and maybe just maybe salvage a tan. And all I find here is useless info tellin me not to go into the sun in the first place...bit late now! We all know general sun safety rules, sometimes we just get carried away with other things. Last comment was no help at all!

EMU OIL, EMU OIL, EMU OIL! We all now that no matter what people keep saying we won't stay out of the sun,we want a tan! but when you accedently burn apply PURE emu oil. This soothes the pain and locks in moisture your skin won't peel back to its original color, but turn tan! Make sure you use PURE emu oil though! Other products that just contain emu oil have other ingredients that can worsen the sun burn! It might be soothing at first but in the long run it will hurt your skin. Hope this way useful!

aloe vera.
works like a charm - trust me.

if you want to turn a sunburn into a tan put lostion on it and then aloveroa the spray on is the best and it dosent matter what kind of lotion you use

but if you dont care about the tan and just want to make the pain go away take a raely HOT bath it will hert for a little but once you get out it will feel a lot better

I'm not sure about you but within a couple days of getting a sun burn my skin starts to turn from red/pink to brown. The darker the red the longer it takes and the darker the brown it turns into. And it usually last for a few weeks even if I peel like a snake. The only things I do is I take slightly hotter showers, and occasionally put on aloe vera lotion. And I stay out of the sun as much as possible. Hope this helps.

Aloe Vera it is the best thing I have used. It works better if you put it in the fridge and let it get cold before you apply it to the sunburn!!!!! :-D

Apple Vinegar! Dab it on with a soft cloth and it eases the pain and helps the burn turn into a tan.

First thing is to deal with the pain of the burn. Bets bet for this is to take the heat out of the skin by taking a lukewarm shower. Don't take a coold shower as this will close the pores and keep a lot of the heat in. And whatever you do don't take a hot shower or bath regardless of what people here recommend. You don't put anything HOT on a burn!

After the lukewarm shower you want to moisturize the hell out of your skin. This is your only chance of preventing peeling. Once you start peeling the tan is gone. Hot water by the way will only dry the skin out further which is the last thing you want so after the initial shower, confine yourself to cold showers for the next few days. In fact this is just a great rule in general.

Two things work particularly well to help heal sun burn and encourage a tan. The first is vinegar. Particularly apple cidar vinegar but any will do in a pinch. Vinegar is an old life guard trick. The other thing which I and others swear by is pure Aloe Vera gel. It will calm the skin and reduce local inflammation, whilst at the same time provide a cooling sensation. It moisturizes thoroughly and forms a protective layer to seal the moisture in. You really can't go wrong.

I won't bother about a lecture on not burning as I am sitting here with a bit of sun burn myself. Of course the key is to avoid any burn at all. In terms of getting a tan it is a total set back. Very gradual and controlled exposure can help even the whitest person get a nice color. I'll now have to wait several days for the burn to heal and allow myself back in the sun.

Finally, do yourself a favour and never tan your face. Use a self tanning lotion for that. If you don't you'll regret it by the time you are 40.

Ha, I'm sitting here burnt as hell. But one thing my dad's family has done for a very long time, is take a tea bag after boiling tea, and let it cool off. Once its either room temperature or colder, dab it all over (not rub) the burned area. This sets the tan. You won't see immediate results, but it does work. Another thing, along with the lukewarm showers, drink lots of water!! Moisturize and Hydrate yourself frequently. Keep water bottles with you and I like to apply lotion every 2 hours.

use tea bags! like the lipton kind; what i did was i brewed alot of lipton tea and then put it in the fridge overnight. then i took papers towels and soaked them in the tea, or a towel, whatever floats your boat! and then you lay them across the burns. i also mixed a little bit of distilled vinegar into it to add to the soothing-ness. and it works, the tea also gets trapped in your pores which makes your skin look darker, so basically your skin is stained, but it helps you achieve a tan! ive done it numerous times, and im doing it tomorrow because i layed out to long today! :/ but anyways, its reallllly soothing, promise. no burning at all. do it in a bathtub if you can, i know, its a little weird laying in an empty tub with paper towels of tea on you, but the tea will stain carpets and whatnot. hope this helps! <3

i use the face wash noxema. i just put in on like lotion before i go to bed, and sometimes in the morning depending on how bad my burn is. it kinda feels gross but after like 2 days the red turns to tan!

Solarcaine perfect fix =)

aloe vera helps alot;o