I have swollen feet and ankles for 3 days now. I have had hypertension for 7 years. I also have diabetes for 2 year which i control well. I take metormin 500mg q day for it. Should I be worried or will it clear u its own. I also have severe carpal tunnel in both wrist for 2 years. I seen a neurologist 2 years ago who said i needed surgery admitatly if I wanted to save my hands can't find a doctor to do my referl thye promise they will get right on it but nothing yet. My hands have been dead since christmas time is when I had my last problem with pain which lasted 2 weeks. I have severe pain to where i can not sleep. it hurts so bad. can you please tell me what i can do about my feet. There swollen just like when I was pregnant. I am 43 an going though perimenoause so I am not pregnant. Thank You. [/list]Code:

Hi:
It sounds like your hypertension and/or your diabetes are not under control as you said. Either of these conditions could be causing the swelling. My advise would be to go back to your doctor(s) to re-evaluate your treatment plan. You might go a week with the swelling, but I would not go beyond that. I hope that by now you have seen your doctor to report the symptoms. You are not on a good treatment plan it seems. You are so young. Get to your doctor and ask questions until you get answers. As you know, unchecked diabetes and hypertension have long-term affects that would greatly affect your quality of life and they can be life-threatening....Best wishes...Let us know how you are doing.